AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
I wouldn't say we PWN3D them in any of the games....3 straight one run games

Considering how bad our O (especially our middle order) has been though, I will take an ugly win any day over a great performance that results in a loss

Great job by the Count

I think a sweep = pwn3d anyway you slice it... and uh, were 6-0 vs them...

dont try to tell me thats not pwning someone

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(T R U @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I think a sweep = pwn3d anyway you slice it... and uh, were 6-0 vs them...

dont try to tell me thats not pwning someone

I was only talking about this series. Call it what you want....I don't care. My $0.02 are PWN3ING is a little too strong for a series that we could have easily lost. I know "woulda, coulda, shoulda" but whatever...

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I was only talking about this series. Call it what you want....I don't care. My $0.02 are PWN3ING is a little too strong for a series that we could have easily lost. I know "woulda, coulda, shoulda" but whatever...

fair enough :cheers

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
We had a lot of this luck during our 2000 campaign. When it mattered though, we did squat.

I hope we figure out a way to upgrade/improve on O rather than keep relying on our pitching/breaks to get us wins.

Upgrade? We just need Konerko, Rowand, and Dye to start hitting like they should. That, combined with the return of a healthy Frank, will be all the offensive upgrade we need.

plenty of time to upgrade and tinker with the offense later.

right now I'm happy to win with pitching.

the big-bopper offense didn't do anything against Seattle in 2000.

But our pitching peaked at mid-season that year.

And we finished the year with Eldred out, Baldwin and Sirotka hurting badly. Parque wasn't much either.

This team is much, much different than that one.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
fair enough  :cheers

One more clarification, our pitching has certainly PWN3D EVERY ONE until now. No doubt there. Just like in football though, if you have a great D and a so-so, you can still win a SB

Just ask Trent Dilfer and then ask Peyton Manning

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Upgrade?  We just need Konerko,  Rowand,  and Dye to start hitting like they should.  That,  combined with the return of a healthy Frank, will be all the offensive upgrade we need.

The use of "/" means an "or". Which means if we get the improvement we do not need to upgrade. Frank will be a great upgrade, no doubt there.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
plenty of time to upgrade and tinker with the offense later.

right now I'm happy to win with pitching.

the big-bopper offense didn't do anything against Seattle in 2000.

But our pitching peaked at mid-season that year.

And we finished the year with Eldred out, Baldwin and Sirotka hurting badly. Parque wasn't much either.

This team is much, much different than that one.

But we do have two pitchers who could very well be hurt when we need them. Hopefully, we preserve them until we need them.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
For those not listening to the postgame, during the interview w/ PK you could hear Rowand cussing in the background.  Our dear Bruce explained that he had been fined $40 for picking his nose on the bench.  :lol:

Funny stuff.

Kangaroo Court...those guys probably get fined for all kinds of crazy stuff in the clubhouse

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
How many times in the past few years have we seen the Twins pull bulls*** wins otta their ass?

I'LL TAKE EVERY WIN, NO MATTER HOW IT COMES.

I'm ready for the East coast teams. Tired of the Central.

excellent point. the twins have won teh division by winning games they shouldnt over the past few years. ill take the same thing

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
How many times in the past few years have we seen the Twins pull bulls*** wins otta their ass?

I'LL TAKE EVERY WIN, NO MATTER HOW IT COMES.

I'm ready for the East coast teams. Tired of the Central.

This should be the banner....

:headbang

The true test begins. After Tampa Bay, the Sox start playing some tough ballclubs (then the Cubs). They don't play an ALC team until June 3.

I'm glad we played these s***ty teams when we did!!!!

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
The true test begins.  After Tampa Bay, the Sox start playing some tough ballclubs (then the Cubs).  They don't play an ALC team until June 3. 

I'm glad we played these s***ty teams when we did!!!!

Bring it on!! I wanna see these almighty Blue Jays and Orioles.

You know, people b**** about the Sox's OBP, and how they don't take enough walks. They win a game thanks to two walks, and now they b**** that we're getting lucky. The next game we win by 6-7 runs and hit 3 homers, they'll b**** that we're reverting back to the boom-or-bust offense again. Point is, it doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win. You can over-analyze for hours how wins are cheap, or fluky, or whatever.