Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hudson = Left handed. Duque pitches around lefties ALOT. I'm defintely finding some truth in what my Yankee friend has told me.

EDIT: Btw, watch Koskie walk here...even though I don't think I'd mind. :P

Edited by Fotop

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Hudson = Left handed. Duque pitches around lefties ALOT. I'm defintely finding some truth in what my Yankee friend has told me.

El Duque's five innings of annoying, lots of pitches baseball + his $4 million contract >>>>> any crap we've seen out of the fifth starter's spot the past three seasons.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
El Duque's five innings of annoying, lots of pitches baseball + his $4 million contract >>>>> any crap we've seen out of the fifth starter's spot the past three seasons.

#5?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)

I don't think he is debating that.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
I don't think he is debating that.

Oh, I know, it didn't seem like he was. I'm just stating that as frustrating as he can look -- just remember what we've had the past couple of seasons.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)

I'm def. not hating on El Duque in anyway...the guy can pitch, no doubt. I'm just trying to show that there are defintely trends in his pitching. Somewhat of a method to his madness.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
Oh, I know, it didn't seem like he was.  I'm just stating that as frustrating as he can look -- just remember what we've had the past couple of seasons.

agreed, if we could hit we would be winning this game.

Btw, I think we can all see the book on the Cubans is that they will never throw strikes when they're ahead in the count, and especially when they have two strikes. It seems like guys just sit with the bat on their shoulders when either of the Cubans have 2 strikes on them and wait for the two or three consecutive balls.

Maybe try to sneak a fastball/change one of these days? Just a suggestion.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
then getting out of it :)  but I understnad your frustration

I have a lot of trouble complaining about our pitching.

I'm not sick of being able to win every single game we've played based solely on how well the pitching has been.

I'm a tiny bit more critical of our offense.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
I have a lot of trouble complaining about our pitching.

I'm not sick of being able to win every single game we've played based solely on how well the pitching has been.

I'm a tiny bit more critical of our offense.

I am very critical of the whole team.

Wow, Bush done already? Hmm, that's odd -- was he really at that many pitches?

Anyways, El Duque is at 87 pitches. This next inning could be one where he has two outs, yet is at 100 pitches. If it comes to that point, I hope Ozzie pulls him out. Take it easy on that arm, and the shoulder.