Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
Is any one else falling alseep from the announce crew?

Yes. The should of gotten a play by play guy and left DJ at color. He is BRUTAL.

I bet they would of asked Carmen DeFalco but since the Reinsdorf incident on their show, that wasn't gonna happen.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Casey Rogowski has a good year at Birmingham, then I'd really hope the Sox give him a look. He's one of the few guys we have in the minors who actually likes to take a walk, plus he's got some good power. I'm really pulling for Casey...

But, I'd hope that Kenny makes a bid for Huff/Howard. Either would be fantastic additions...

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
I like Howard a lot, but I think they want a king's ransom for him. Plus, Thome is hurt so Howard is providing good insurance. Maybe if Howard bombs in his limited time, his trade value will go down.

I personally want Adrian Gonzalez from TEX because there's no way breaks that infield anytime soon. Plus, he's left handed, which is always good. I just don't know what we could offer Texas...maybe some pitching prospects not named McCarthy.

I wouldn't give up a ransom for an unproven minor leaguer...case closed. If your going to give up a ransom of prospects or anything else, you better darn well get a damn good player.

For example...I rate a ton of the Sox prospetcs over Howard. Homers are great and all but he still k's too much (although he's improved on things) and minor league numbers doesn't mean major league success.

Philly can have him. I'd love him in the Sox org, but I'm not about to give up the farm for a farm player. I'd rather give a kings ransom for Aubrey Huff.

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
...and Nuke and Jason crawl out of their various holes.... :P

Bulls game went to halftime. I have the volume on the upstairs computer on really loud so I can hear the game and during commercials/breaks I come upstairs and watch the game.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
If Casey Rogowski has a good year at Birmingham, then I'd really hope the Sox give him a look.  He's one of the few guys we have in the minors who actually likes to take a walk, plus he's got some good power.  I'm really pulling for Casey...

But, I'd hope that Kenny makes a bid for Huff/Howard.  Either would be fantastic additions...

Jim your thoughts on my man Casey?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I wouldn't give up a ransom for an unproven minor leaguer...case closed.  If your going to give up a ransom of prospects or anything else, you better darn well get a damn good player.

For example...I rate a ton of the Sox prospetcs over Howard.  Homers are great and all but he still k's too much (although he's improved on things) and minor league numbers doesn't mean major league success. 

Philly can have him.  I'd love him in the Sox org, but I'm not about to give up the farm for a farm player.  I'd rather give a kings ransom for Aubrey Huff.

I didn't say we should give up a king's ransom...all I was saying is that's his asking price these days. I defintely agree with you, and that's why I feel Gonzalez would be a great fit. Huff would too of course, but Huff would cost a lot more than Gonzalez, and gets paid a good amount more too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Bulls game went to halftime.  I have the volume on the upstairs computer on really loud so I can hear the game and during commercials/breaks I come upstairs and watch the game.

score?

If Kenny acquired Huff, it would just about compensate for my sadness of losing Carlos Lee.

Seriously, I know that this organization likes Brian Anderson, but I'd bet that he's the number one trading chip in a blockbuster deal. They aren't going to trade McCarthy, and same with Sweeney.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
If Kenny acquired Huff, it would just about compensate for my sadness of losing Carlos Lee. 

Seriously, I know that this organization likes Brian Anderson, but I'd bet that he's the number one trading chip in a blockbuster deal.  They aren't going to trade McCarthy, and same with Sweeney.

If we win the world series..I don't care what Kenny does for the next 3 years. I know I'll b**** regardless, but I'd just be happy with one world series trophy...its worth 50 years of suckitude.