Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
If Kenny acquired Huff, it would just about compensate for my sadness of losing Carlos Lee. 

The 21-7 start does nothing for you?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
If Kenny acquired Huff, it would just about compensate for my sadness of losing Carlos Lee. 

Seriously, I know that this organization likes Brian Anderson, but I'd bet that he's the number one trading chip in a blockbuster deal.  They aren't going to trade McCarthy, and same with Sweeney.

Personally, I wouldn't mind trading Sweeney over Anderson though. Granted, sweeney has a good amount of potential, but Anderson is nearly ML-Ready. Plus, if you get the right GM (coughBowdencough) Sweeney could have rather high value. Either way, if we're going to bring in someone big some of our pet prospects will defintely be shipped out.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
Crede had a very short lead.  Not sure why Frasor was so worried about him.

I'd rather see Crede run than Uribe...Sox should make it a law to keep Uribe from stealing. He is so horrid.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
The 21-7 start does nothing for you?

I'm happy.

I'm still bitter about the Lee trade, but it's working out. So I'm not gonna b**** about it. I just liked Lee. A lot.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
(Let the Ozzie castration for leaving in Duque begin)

Over/Under: 17 posts

I can't stand watching Duque pitch...whether its the first or the 7th, I have zero faith in him and his pension for throwing so many damn pitches and falling behind so many hitters. He's getting the job done though and hopefully he finds his command and stays healthy and does even better.

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
Personally, I wouldn't mind trading Sweeney over Anderson though. Granted, sweeney has a good amount of potential, but Anderson is nearly ML-Ready. Plus, if you get the right GM (coughBowdencough) Sweeney could have rather high value. Either way, if we're going to bring in someone big some of our pet prospects will defintely be shipped out.

Speaking of Bowden, I wouldn't mind a deal which sent Nick Johnson our way. I know he's injury-prone, but when he's healthy, he's a good ballplayer.

Come on bullpen, rescue us again...

What the f***. What the f*** is El Duque doing out there???!?!??!!

EDIT: I'm sorry, this is dumb. What the hell is the point of keeping him in? He started the inning at 99 or 100 pitches. I don't like the move at all, regardless of whether or not it works out...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Speaking of Bowden, I wouldn't mind a deal which sent Nick Johnson our way.  I know he's injury-prone, but when he's healthy, he's a good ballplayer. 

What the f***.  What the f*** is El Duque doing out there???!?!??!!

The thing is that there are 2 lefties due up, and a switch hitter. I think a lefty would make sense here.

Speaking of Bowden, I wouldn't mind a deal which sent Nick Johnson our way.  I know he's injury-prone, but when he's healthy, he's a good ballplayer. 

What the f***.  What the f*** is El Duque doing out there???!?!??!!

EDIT:  I'm sorry, this is dumb.  What the hell is the point of keeping him in?  He started the inning at 99 or 100 pitches.  I don't like the move at all, regardless of whether or not it works out...

I agree with you in this, I thought the idea was have the SP go 6 then give it to the Pen.

Its not like we overused the pen against KC

Edited by AnthraxFan93