Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

He doesn't have it anymore.

Damnit, Ozzie. What is the point of this? So he can get the win? f***ing bulls***. 110, 111, 112... This is unbelievably stupid. He's asking for it... Don't b**** or complain when El Duque is hurt in two weeks.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Happy now, Ozzie?  You played Russian Roullette, and got your out.

Now, get him out of there.  What the f*** is this...  Dusty, you awake in there?

Inning over...

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
Well Ozzie got lucky this time

this is my point, Ozzie defies logic, he does alot of stuff like this. brought in Marte to face 5 right handed batters in an eigth inning. Runs Uribe like he is pods. Plays 4 or 5 back up players in one game. he gets away with it. it defies all logic to me.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Nothing but complaints and he gets out of the inning.  Hernandez is one gritty SOB.  And it didn't look to me like he was losing it.

It's not that we don't trust his stuff, it's that we don't trust his arm not falling off.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:40 AM)
Inning over...

Still doesn't make it right. El Duque has pitched 150+ in two years, and the last time he did it was 2000. He's injury-prone/dead-arm-period prone; there's no point of pitching him that inning. None.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
this is my point, Ozzie defies logic, he does alot of stuff like this. brought in Marte to face 5 right handed batters in an eigth inning. Runs Uribe like he is pods. Plays 4 or 5 back up players in one game. he gets away with it. it defies all logic to me.

I think Ozzie just thinks that he's invincible, and since what he's doing has resulted in this record, he won't follow "baseball logic." It's getting old real fast.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Nothing but complaints and he gets out of the inning.  Hernandez is one gritty SOB.  And it didn't look to me like he was losing it.

He might not be losing it, but you are dealing with a 40 something pitcher who had to miss his last few starts last season with a "tired" shoulder, and a guy who hasn't made a heck of a lot of starts the past 5 or 6 seasons. You also have a bullpen that probably needs some work right now. Ozzie is going to need El Duque in August and September. It makes no sense burning him out now.

Our bullpen is so damn deep too. It's one thing if the pen is a piece of s*** and you'd rather keep your starter out there even with a high pitch count. But he literally defies all logic by leaving him in there with a high pitch count when he's not looking very sharp.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
He might not be losing it, but you are dealing with a 40 something pitcher who had to miss his last few starts last season with a "tired" shoulder, and a guy who hasn't made a heck of a lot of starts the past 5 or 6 seasons. You also have a bullpen that probably needs some work right now. Ozzie is going to need El Duque in August and September. It makes no sense burning him out now.

Great post, worded perfectly.

Frasor walks Everett. Come on, Konerko, time for a basehit. Now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)

Just to set the record straight, Duque is 39. It was documented in a book about his defection as well as others. The story is they all burned their birth certificates in celebration when they reached america. But 39 is damn close to 40, so I guess it doesn't make that much of a difference. :P

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
It's not that we don't trust his stuff, it's that we don't trust his arm not falling off.

I'm sure he indicated and showed that he still felt strong. No way he throws that number of pitches start after start. But once in a while if his strength is there is OK. This automatic embracing of a number can be taken too far.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 6, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
I'm sure he indicated and showed that he still felt strong.  No way he throws that number of pitches start after start.  But once in a while if his strength is there is OK.  This automatic embracing of a number can be taken too far.

No it can't. Go check out baseball prospectus, and they'll talk about pitcher abuse points.

When it comes down to it really is about pitch count.