Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
I feel like the devil's advocate.  I for one like the decisision making of Timo.  He just didn't execute.  Shouldn't it be easier to get a ball down on the ground by drag bunting like he attempted than to drive a ball into the outfield? 

The problem with that play by Timo was that with Everett on 3b, and not breaking on the pitch, there's almost no way he would be able to score even with the best bunt ever. Timo tried to be too cute, but he did it on the wrong field and with the wrong personnel on the bases.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
I hate that crap.  So slow on the updates at the Cell.

And they don't even have to worry about outs, runners, etc. It's really pathetic. It's usually updated after a complete inning or inning and a half. Pay me 5 bucks a game and i'd do it from my seat, how hard can it be?

Damn, I didn't start Brad Penny today. He dominated again.

Wow, nice bounce for Iguchi.

Double good move by Ozzie to bring in Hermy for the ninth. After all, I need someone to get some saves more by 8th place team... :)

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Drag bunt with Carl on 3rd doesn't guarantee you score the run. Well hit fly ball does.

But the point is which is easier. What percentage of attempted 'well hit fly balls' never reach there destination. It should be easier to put the ball on the ground. Of course the hitter's skillset enters into the equation. And Timo is a good bunter.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
Damn, I didn't start Brad Penny today.  He dominated again. 

Wow, nice bounce for Iguchi.

Double good move by Ozzie to bring in Hermy for the ninth.  After all, I need someone to get some saves more by 8th place team...  :)

Oops

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
But the point is which is easier.  What percentage of attempted 'well hit fly balls' never reach there destination.  It should be easier to put the ball on the ground.  Of course the hitter's skillset enters into the equation.  And Timo is a good bunter.

No it's not "which is easier." It's completely "which has the better chance of scoring the run"

QUOTE(fathom @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
The problem with that play by Timo was that with Everett on 3b, and not breaking on the pitch, there's almost no way he would be able to score even with the best bunt ever.  Timo tried to be too cute, but he did it on the wrong field and with the wrong personnel on the bases.

I don't consider Everett slow. And all he has to do is get it by the pitcher. I have more faith in him accomplishing that then driving the ball to the outfield.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
I don't consider Everett slow.  And all he has to do is get it by the pitcher.  I have more faith in him accomplishing that then driving the ball to the outfield.

I have faith in him to do nothing, and i think i have support for my faith.