Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

Timo made the right play, sorry for all the haters. He was running away from making a good throw home, that's not a bad play at all to try and throw to 2nd base. It just didn't work out.

Guest JimH

Ok, they are finally out of this inning.

Down 3-1. As stated, the bats need to wake up.

Paging Paul Konerko.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 6, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
Timo made the right play, sorry for all the haters.  He was running away from making a good throw home, that's not a bad play at all to try and throw to 2nd base.  It just didn't work out.

I respectfully disagree. His decision to throw to 2nd base allowed Zaun to walk home. Zaun would have had no chance to score if Timo threw that ball home (like he's supposed to do ). All I know is if Carlos Lee did that, people would freak out. That was a very shallow liner that he caught.

Guest JimH
I respectfully disagree.  His decision to throw to 2nd base allowed Zaun to walk home.  Zaun would have had no chance to score if Timo threw that ball home (like he's supposed to do ).  All I know is if Carlos Lee did that, people would freak out.  That was a very shallow liner that he caught.

Agree to disagree. He was running hard to his right, he throws left handed. Very tough to stop, plant, set up, and then throw across the body.

He thought he had a better chance to double the guy off 2nd, it was a fairly close play.

If it's Rowand out there (right handed thrower) I agree with you.

Guest JimH
Horrible baserunning Uribe.

Damn straight.

Just as bad as what Timo did guys, let's see the hate, be consistent.

Uribe assumed it would be in right field, do not assume Juan. Bad play, he likely would have beaten it out otherwise.