Oh Canada..... 5-6-05

Guest JimH

Podsednik steals 2nd. Still need to knock Zaun down, he almost threw him out.

Now let's get the big hit.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Contreras and Duque are going to give us headaches all year, get used to it i guess. It's just how they operate. Not very pleasant to watch.

Meanwhile...this field is a joke. For only having to worry about the 4 bases and the mound (cuz the rest is just turf), this is foul.

As i type this, Uribe slips getting out of the box. It's like ice. This is a f***ing joke.

Buehrle has given us more of a ride than those two. I don't see why so many are down on them. What's the most runs either one gave the other team?? 4 I think it is and that was once by El Duque. Every other game has been 3 games or lower. Your guys expectations are crazy if you think that every guy should go 8 innings with only 1 or 2 runs scored every outing.

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
Uribe should NEVER steal. His success rate is downright awful for his career. I don't know it off of the top of my head, but he is AWFUL at stealing bags.

Last year I think he was at about 50%.

Not good at all, losing more runs than you're gaining.

Podsednik stealing, fine. Harris stealing, fine. Ozuna stealing, fine. But, no one else on the team should be attempting steals as much as they are. Mercy...

QUOTE(JimH @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
Here's a novel concept, Gregg Zaun is playing like a Hall of Famer tonite, how about dusting him off the next time he's up?

Just a thought.

Anyone notice Jim wants to dust off everyone. I will admit JM always retaliated. Ozzie sends Uribe and doesn't knock down players. It defies baseball logic.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Buehrle has given us more of a ride than those two. I don't see why so many are down on them. What's the most runs either one gave the other team?? 4 I think it is and that was once by El Duque. Every other game has been 3 games or lower. Your guys expectations are crazy if you think that every guy should go 8 innings with only 1 or 2 runs scored every outing.

It's the way they pitch, not just the # of runs given up.

I'm talking walks, pitch counts, falling behind, etc.

Young pitcher on the mound, giving him free outs is just boosting his confidence. If Uribe doesn't go there and Podsednik walks you've got a kid who's psyche could be busted up real good.

Ozzie just makes it too easy for these inexperienced pitchers sometimes, and that's how we make them look like Cy Youngs.

Guest JimH
Anyone notice Jim wants to dust off everyone. I will admit JM always retaliated. Ozzie sends Uribe and doesn't knock down players. It defies baseball logic.

Damn straight.

Especially in the first game of a series, after your guys get plunked and another pitch goes over Crede's head.

Enough is enough, defend your players.

Guest JimH
Young pitcher on the mound, giving him free outs is just boosting his confidence. If Uribe doesn't go there and Podsednik walks you've got a kid who's psyche could be busted up real good.

Ozzie just makes it too easy for these inexperienced pitchers sometimes, and that's how we make them look like Cy Youngs.

I don't mind sending guys, I do mind Iguchi not having a better at bat there.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Damn straight.

Especially in the first game of a series, after your guys get plunked and another pitch goes over Crede's head.

I concur. Garland throwing behind Rondell White was key in my mind. But I bet he did it on his own, which makes me even more proud of Jon this year. Seriously, at least throw the ball high and tight on these guys.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
Damn straight.

I am not disagreeing, but would rather do this when I am ahead rather than behind, if you indeed figure on hitting the guy. If your just backing them off, then quite frankly do it to all of them after one strike.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I am not disagreeing, but would rather do this when I am ahead rather than behind, if you indeed figure on hitting the guy. If your just backing them off, then quite frankly do it to all of them after one strike.

Agreed. There is a time and place for it. It's not a knee-jerk reaction to nail someone.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
I don't mind sending guys, I do mind Iguchi not having a better at bat there.

I have no problem sending guys either, just send ones that know how to steal bases. Meaning, no Uribe. It's that simple.

Guest JimH

Pick the guy and the situation and do it.

Sometimes it's better to do it when you're losing, get the juices flowing. Do it on 0-2 when you've got a guy hanging over the plate. Not that tough to figure out.

Preferably Koskie or Hudson or Zaun.

Catalanotto might make the list this weekend too. Just a hunch.

Edited by JimH