All you espn haters

daa84

On Sports center, the sox were the first story, and they asked both gammons and reynolds if they will win 90, and both said yes. reynolds also said that if they go .500 teh rest of the way they get to 90. Finally all of you who complain about the lack of attention can have something to chear about, but im sure the responses to this post will say something like "f*** espn, who cares about them" and "they still didnt give us any props when they said ______"

So it takes a 21-7 start and leading at some point in all 28 games for them to change their mind?

Something about how like the 5 behind the Sox in that leading-game category all won atleast 92 games or so probably helps influence that too.

And Harold is of course wrong if he said that if the Sox played .500 baseball the rest of the way they'd win 90 games. Simple math says 88-74.

I'm pretty sure if this espn paranoia and the attendance crap keeps up I am gonna have to live in the other forums. This needs to stop. It's pretty pathetic on a team playing this good to keep talking about this crap. I used to think that Red Sox fans and Yankee fans and Cub fans were full of themselves but it looks like we want to give them a run for their money

If they're finally saying this team will win 90, then they're giving us a lot more respect, and they deserve some credit.

What people might be missing is the influence that ESPN can have on attendance. If we're getting good coverage every night...highlights that make it look like the games are entertaining and people saying we'll be having a great matchup with another team...that brings people to the ballpark. Do that for a whole season, and people start wanting to see the team because it'll be a good game to watch.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
You have been here for 3 days. Don't tell someone with over 1400+ posts what he has or hasnt seen in this forum.

I am also very, very sick of the ESPN bulls*** people continue to b**** about. Give it up. All these clowns on ESPN have most likely seen 6+ innings of White Sox Baseball,yet, some of us on this site seem to think they know more about this team then we do. WHO CARES, just enjoy the Sox while this lasts, and have a good time while doing it.

COuldn't have said it any better. Listen, I kow a fan site is goign to go deeper into subjects than you would normally get just watching the team and reading the paper. We all know that-which is why we come here. Maybe we get TOO deep into things by starting a huge thread over every single mention on any site or show.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
I just don't understand why people are SO concerned about the Sox getting respect. What does it matter? Why do some of you NEED of all people John Kruk and Harlod Renyonds to tell you that this team is good and legit. I can say with confidence that 95% of the Soxtalk population knows more or has seen more of the Sox than the BBTN crew has.

I am really starting to believe Sox fans just dont know what to do when there team is winning. I guess there is always something to b**** about on the South Side. :headshake

Please see Balta's post before you posted this. He's right. I mean, no s*** we all know more about the team than the BBTN crew. No s*** the members of this site go to every game that they can. Respect or no respect on ESPN, we're there for our beloved White Sox. The respect IS important to casual fans and the money is those fans' pockets has a direct impact on our maneuverability in payroll. There is a national stigma about this franchise that will never be broken without positive press. I don't know how you could act as if that stigma isn't something important for this team to lose when looking at the big picture. The threads do get tiresome but, personally, I can't deny that they are discussing an important issue.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)

Wow...thats just....wow.

At some point during that video I began wondering if he was purposefully sucking so badly...

"He passes the ball..he makes the 3" Hehe, that was the other team man...Jesus, that was painful to watch.