All you espn haters

daa84

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
How do I e-mail this to someone without linking them to here? Not sure how to do that. THanks

1. Hold your cursor over the link until it turns into a finger

2. right click and select "copy shortcut"

3. CTRL-V into the body of an email message. That should paste the link in the email

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 5, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
That video is funny-bad, like DJ.  You can tell when the teleprompter goes off and he goes "Oh no".

We're going to make a new ESPN forum soon for all ESPN posts, and then lock it forever.

I was thinking this might be a very good idea.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Please see Balta's post before you posted this.  He's right.  I mean, no s*** we all know more about the team than the BBTN crew.  No s*** the members of this site go to every game that they can.  Respect or no respect on ESPN, we're there for our beloved White Sox.  The respect IS important to casual fans and the money is those fans' pockets has a direct impact on our maneuverability in payroll.  There is a national  stigma about this franchise that will never be broken without positive press.  I don't know how you could act as if that stigma isn't something important for this team to lose when looking at the big picture.  The threads do get tiresome but, personally, I can't deny that they are discussing an important issue.

You're crazy. You're supposed to b**** at the very sight of an espn or attendance thread, act disgusted, and then contribute to it by making a few posts...

Yeah, I agree with your post and whoever balta is.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 5, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
You're crazy.  You're supposed to b**** at the very sight of an espn or attendance thread, act disgusted, and then contribute to it by making a few posts...

Yeah, I agree with your post and whoever balta is.

I second that.

jeez what the f*** guys? this is a f***ing message board, the whole f***ing point is to discuss the white sox and that includes what espn and the media says about them. like whats been said many times before, don't f***ing read the thread if you dont like it. no matter what you may think, you are not obligated to respond in a thread. just say no. oh and post count don't mean s*** and you know it.

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
jeez what the f*** guys? this is a f***ing message board, the whole f***ing point is to discuss the white sox and that includes what espn and the media says about them. like whats been said many times before, don't f***ing read the thread if you dont like it. no matter what you may think, you are not obligated to respond in a thread. just say no. oh and post count don't mean s*** and you know it.

I agree it's intresting to here what the media has to say for the most part. I just think some people are sick hearing the same thing over and over again. But as you said if you don't like that topic dont open it.

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)

:notworthy

It's not like I have to go to ESPN to get my White Sox information. But that is where the casual fan gets their information. Where do people get clothing trends?? By watching tv and seeing what the people are wearing. That's what this is. Instead of MTV telling them what type of music to like or what's cool to wear, ESPN is telling them what team is cool to like. That's what important. For us to one day be a Boston Red Sox, or New York Yankees or a LA Dodgers, we need the casual fan to have our back. That includes having the ballpark filled, having great media attention from BBTN. Don't like it, don't look at the thread. The title says what the thread is going to be.

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)

Your opinion only counts in relation to your post count...

Good to see that there are some regulars who don't think they own the board. :cheers

Sox get some serious DAP on BBTN. Kruk mentions the bullpen(OMG, he's wrong, our bullpen sucks, he doesn't know jack about our team) as a great strength and Reynolds mentioned our pitching staff. Gammons said the hitting scares him a bit and even though he loves Jeremy Reed, he loved that trade for Freddy G. They also all agreed that KW will make a major trade for anything he needs before anyone else does.

Wow I don't get it. Someone mentions how ESPN mentions us being "for real" now and all hell breaks loose. First of all, why is everyone at eachother's throats? Our team is 21-7, if someone wants to post about how the media has yet again changed their mind about the White Sox, then let them! Jesus Christ.

When the Sox go on a losing streak the so-called Baseball Tonight "experts" will change their mind yet again! They will say we will fold, choke, sputter, and the Twins will catch us. I don't even watch the program, but to b**** at people who want to talk about it on a messageboard is just unnecessary.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't want attention from the media. 95% of the media flip-flops when it comes to giving praise to the White Sox. ESPN, Baseball Tonight, Mariotti, (obviously), and other publications and reporters do it all the time.

My bottom line is reports from the media, and attendance don't mean a damn thing. You can beat the horse to death, but it won't give you a clue about how good our team is. However, at the same time some of our fanbase may be excited that their team is finally getting national attention, so let them be excited and post about it.

21-7. That's all I need right there to feel damn good about this team.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
When the Sox go on a losing streak the so-called Baseball Tonight "experts" will change their mind yet again! They will say we will fold, choke, sputter, and the Twins will catch us. I don't even watch the program, but to b**** at people who want to talk about it on a messageboard is just unnecessary.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't want attention from the media. 95% of the media flip-flops when it comes to giving praise to the White Sox. ESPN, Baseball Tonight, Mariotti, (obviously), and other publications and reporters do it all the time.

My bottom line is reports from the media, and attendance don't mean a damn thing.

Agreed on all points.................this teams motto should be.........."JUST WIN BABY!"