Carlos Lee still a Cub Killer

Maybe he will still kill the interleague rival this year too.

One can only hope.

Man, I love Carlos. Really sucks that he had to be traded, but I can't say that I'm not happy with the results. He was probably one of the my favorite players on the Sox.

QUOTE(Cy Garland @ May 5, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
7 in a row for the Brew Crew and they are in 2nd place in the NL Central :o

But still only at 14-13...no matter how hard I try, I can't see anyone but St. Louis winning that division when its all said and done.

Well, I hope Carlos doesn’t only have success against the Cubs. Its better if he hits well against every opposing team, except the White Sox of course because we go up north later in the season.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 5, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
I can't see anyone stoppign St. Luois from going to the World Series. Really. The Braves have had a bad playoff record lately and the West is weak so it might come down to the Marlins.

The Braves playoff record has not been that good, but you have to look at their rotations for those years and their rotation this year.

Huddy-Smoltz-Hampton is looking really f***in good right now...and it definately looks a lot better than Wright-Hampton-Byrd-Ortiz from last year, and Maddux(old Maddux with worse stuff)-Ortiz-Hampton from 03, and I personally like it more than the 02 squad of Glavine-Maddux-Millwood, though those 3 were quite solid for Atlanta all year long too.

When it gets to playoff time for Atlanta, it will be a matter of whether the offense can do enough for them. I figure with Furcal and Giles at the top setting up the middle of the order, they will be atleast good enough.

This assuming they make the playoffs, which I figure they will - however, it may not be as the division winner, but rather winning the Wild Card.

The Marlins too look tough as hell.

I think I do like St. Louis taking the NL right now though. Man am I jealous of that lineup. Walker-Pujols-Edmonds-Rolen? Unfair

THey will make the playoffs but their lineup seems to go quiet latel, whether it was the Sheffield/Lopez version or the one with Jones/Jones/Drew and hteir offense is obviously worse this year. That said, Chipper is an MVp caniddate and looks great the plate this year. THeir rotation is no doubt much better but their bullpen really misses Smoltz, Cruz, and Alfonseca. Will Kolb be good enough? Do they have guys besides Reitsma who can get outs? Not sure.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 6, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
from yahoo fantasy baseball        LOL!!

Views: Make sure Lee is in your lineup whenever he plays the Cubs. In six games this season, he has picked up eight hits and driven in five runs.

haha thats great, stupid cubs