NBA All-Rookie Teams announced

there were so many other rookies that had better stats than duhon, he started off really bad, and thats what did it to him, same with noc

in my books they are all first teamers

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
I was thinking more along the lines of how Duhon was the floor general for a team that was the 4th seed, and also his defense.

oh alright, yeah based on that definitely a first rounder

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
there were so many other rookies that had better stats than duhon, he started off really bad, and thats what did it to him, same with noc

in my books they are all first teamers

I am thinking more along the lines of 'what have you done for me lately?', and lately, Chris Duhon has been THE f***ing man, while Deng has been sitting down.

But would you honestly chose Duhon ahead of Deng? Cause Iggy had a pretty solid year and considering he was healthy the whole year was definately chosen over Luol (who I happen to rave about). Although he was better than Jamer Nelson who made the 2nd squad (regardless of Nelson's hot finish...he isn't near the all around player Duhon is).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
But would you honestly chose Duhon ahead of Deng?  Cause Iggy had a pretty solid year and considering he was healthy the whole year was definately chosen over Luol (who I happen to rave about).  Although he was better than Jamer Nelson who made the 2nd squad (regardless of Nelson's hot finish...he isn't near the all around player Duhon is).

Nelson's going to be a good player though if he isn't one already. He might not be tall enough to consistently be a starting PG, but I can easily see him winning a few 6th man awards in his career. Excellent stealer as well, had like 7 on AI in 1 game.

Oh and as if I didn't hate the Cubune enough, i do NOW; :fyou

Orlando's Josh Howard

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 6, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Nelson's going to be a good player though if he isn't one already. He might not be tall enough to consistently be a starting PG, but I can easily see him winning a few 6th man awards in his career. Excellent stealer as well, had like 7 on AI in 1 game.

Oh and as if I didn't hate the Cubune enough, i do NOW; :fyou

Pargo could steal four or five off of iverson.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 6, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
If he got 40 mins which ain't gonna happen.

Point is seven steals off of practically anyone but iverson is really impressive. Stealing seven off of iverson is like four from a good ball handler.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
I don't agree with Duhon not making the second team.  What the hell did Jameer Nelson do?

POST ALL STAR - 14.9 points, 4.6 assists, 1.48 steals.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
AI had 4.6 TO's a game this season FWIW.

Exactly. What is more impressive, getting iverson to turn the ball over five, six, seven times or get damon jones/chucky atkins to turn it over four or five times? Which is more likely to happen?

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 6, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
Point is seven steals off of practically anyone but iverson is really impressive. Stealing seven off of iverson is like four from a good ball handler.

not all steals are off the dribble. AI probably loses the ball half the time on bad passes.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 6, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
not all steals are off the dribble. AI probably loses the ball half the time on bad passes.

Whoever is guarding him has nothing to do with those bad passes either. He turns the ball over way too much as does hamilton and wade. Really makes no sense that hamilton has that many turnovers considering he is not the primary ball handler.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)

Its like stealing 7 from Ben Gordon :lol: