Dee Brown declares for draft

Dee sounded like a guy on his way out at his press conference. Talked about the second round being a blessing. If he is a first round pick I wish him luck, if he isn't I think he is making a huge mistake.

Oh, and it looks like Scheyer to Duke is almost a sure thing. But no surprise there, he was a Dookie from the moment they started to recruit him. And to go on a rant I'm sick of the HS basketball players form this state. They expect the state schools, not just Illinois but DePaul, Southern, etc. to be loyal to them yet they show no loyalty to the state schools. I've seen coaches complain that we didn't recruit guys like DeAndre Thomas hard enough as if we're are supposed to take lesser players to satisfy their wishes. Pisses me off. End short rant

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 6, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Dee sounded like a guy on his way out at his press conference.  Talked about the second round being a blessing.  If he is a first round pick I wish him luck, if he isn't I think he is making a huge mistake.

Oh, and it looks like Scheyer to Duke is almost a sure thing.

where did you hear this?

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 6, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
where did you hear this?

Illiniboard. Dee sounding like he was going to leave is somewhat of a surprise, although in order for scouts to take him seriously he has to act as if he is serious about going pro. I've expected Scheyer to Duke from the moment they offered him, it was reported on Telander's show today but it isn't official.

Yeah Dee's comments have me worried right now. He talked about how Duhon was a 2nd round pick and he's playing making 400K.

Talked about 'enjoying his last days of school'

I don't know where to go with this, but it doesn't sound like 99% coming back any more.

Of course, this could just be his ego getting in his own way, i don't know.

Stay tuned.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
Yeah Dee's comments have me worried right now. He talked about how Duhon was a 2nd round pick and he's playing making 400K.

Talked about 'enjoying his last days of school'

I don't know where to go with this, but it doesn't sound like 99% coming back any more.

Of course, this could just be his ego getting in his own way, i don't know.

Stay tuned.

Yeah, I saw him on Comcast SportsNet and they asked, "What do you have to say about the rumors of you being 99% sure you're coming back??" He said that if he was 99 percent sure, then he wouldnt be testing the waters and that he would comeback. Right now it sounds alot more like 40-60, favoring him going. I mean, without any help(I think Augustine is just not consistant enough to be a 2nd option), it's not going to help his status. Like I said, I think he's gone. Something just tells me that.

Edited by nitetrain8601

“Besides win a national championship,’’ Brown said. “I have a lot of rings. I’ve got a ring for every finger but my thumb. I’m three hours short (of graduation) and if I had an internship I would probably be walking as far as graduation. I had a pretty hot girlfriend before, too, so basically I had everything.”

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 8, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
What happened?

The more and more i read about his comments this past week...well, it just doesn't look good. I'm not guaranteeting he's gone or anything - just interpreting the comments for myself, and this is how i feel after the latest happenings.

hopefully Randle comes back to full strength and Pruitt and Brock are as good as advertised. And hopefully this nat'l exposure this year will pay big dividends and get us marquee players like Semrau. Im pretty confident that we will still be a competitive team next year