Baseball Tonight

southsidefan

I'll just post what I said in the other thread into here:

Sox get some serious DAP on BBTN. Kruk mentions the bullpen(OMG, he's wrong, our bullpen sucks, he doesn't know jack about our team) as a great strength and Reynolds mentioned our pitching staff. Gammons said the hitting scares him a bit and even though he loves Jeremy Reed, he loved that trade for Freddy G. They also all agreed that KW will make a major trade for anything he needs before anyone else does.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 6, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
I'll just post what I said in the other thread into here:

Sox get some serious DAP on BBTN. Kruk mentions the bullpen(OMG, he's wrong, our bullpen sucks, he doesn't know jack about our team) as a great strength and Reynolds mentioned our pitching staff. Gammons said the hitting scares him a bit and even though he loves Jeremy Reed, he loved that trade for Freddy G. They also all agreed that KW will make a major trade for anything he needs before anyone else does.

I'm pretty happy with how our bullpen has done. Aside from maybe three or so games the bullpen has been excellent.

QUOTE(Ballpark Frank - Big Hurt @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
I'm pretty happy with how our bullpen has done.  Aside from maybe three or so games the bullpen has been excellent.

I think so as well. With the exception of the Shingo game and maybe another game, the bullpen has been great. They specifically mentioned Hermanson.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
We really do need a seprate forum for baseball tonight and attendance threads.:headshake

We are doing an exceptional job so far this season, and because of it the nation is starting to take notice. Is there anything wrong with enjoying this well-overdue national attention? Embrace the moment..!!

QUOTE(Ballpark Frank - Big Hurt @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
We are doing an exceptional job so far this season, and because of it the nation is starting to take notice.  Is there anything wrong with enjoying this well-overdue national attention?  Embrace the moment..!!

There has probally been one thread that was baseball tonight related every day of the year ( every game of the season). It was always people :crying that we were not getting enough attention. When they did mention us and didn't say we are the best team of all time people still b**** and complain, i just do not get it. Realistically it is pretty hard to fit high lights from every gane in while doing two or three other segments in between. What white sox fan watches the show to learn something new about the white sox? I surely don't. I watch it to see the highlights.

Edited by qwerty

Qwerty, I always find it funny when fans complain that they know more about their team than the national media does. Of course. I mean, if someone invests 20 hours a week watching gmaes and then 10 hours a week reading about them in the paper and fansites, and then 15 hours a week watching sports talk radio, well you get the picture.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
There has probally been one thread that was baseball tonight related every day of the year ( every game of the season). It was always people  :crying  that we were not getting enough attention. When they did mention us and didn't say we are the best team of all time people still b**** and complain, i just do not get it. Realistically it is pretty hard to fit high lights from every gane in while doing two or three other segments in between. What white sox fan watches the show to learn something new about the white sox? I surely don't. I watch it to see the highlights.

It's true that 80% of the time the so called "experts" have little to no idea what they are talking about, but now at least they are talking about the sox, that is the WHITE sox. Leading off sportscenters, BBTNs, being talked about on sports talkshows, its been awhile since our sox have been in a spotlight this bright, and I like it just as evidence that people finally believe we are good. It also helps with the team's popularity and that helps the franchise in more ways than one...

we are getting attention...but for a while it seemed like they were forced to talk about it...i think my least favorite comment was one that said :

"the white sox have led in 26 consecutive games...of course that leads us to say how come they haven't won every one"

they cover us...but they always threw in shots that they thought this was temporary...and maybe it is...but they sure do love talkin bout the orioles.

QUOTE(bmags @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
we are getting attention...but for a while it seemed like they were forced to talk about it...i think my least favorite comment was one that said :

"the white sox have led in 26 consecutive games...of course that leads us to say how come they haven't won every one"

they cover us...but they always threw in shots that they thought this was temporary...and maybe it is...but they sure do love talkin bout the orioles.

i guess in a way you should ask why they havent won them all, in my opinion if your leading in a game you shouldnt blow the lead

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 6, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
Qwerty, I always find it funny when fans complain that they know more about their team than the national media does. Of course. I mean, if someone invests 20 hours a week watching gmaes and then 10 hours a week reading about them in the paper and fansites, and then 15 hours a week watching sports talk radio, well you get the picture.

You are not a true baseball fan unless you know every player card issued by Topps and the stats listed on the back. Can you do that? Simply because you appear on a sports talk show like BBTN doesn't mean you are an expert. I believe their scripts are written for them and probably by young interns judging by their drivle-dribble-rubbish sometimes. But, when we get kuddos I luv it too.

They love talking about the Orioles because they have guys like Sham-Me Sosa, Miguel Tejada, Rafael Palmeiro, Brian Roberts, Javy Lopez, and Melvin Mora. ESPN loves the offense.

yeah, i know...but we've had offense for four years and we never got coverage like the orioles...

That's because ESPN caters to the Yankees, Red Sox, and Flubs. Isn't it funny how 2 out of 3 of those teams are sucking and they still get more coverage than the White Sox? :headshake

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
That's because ESPN caters to the Yankees, Red Sox, and Flubs.  Isn't it funny how 2 out of 3 of those teams are sucking and they still get more coverage than the White Sox? :headshake

Nothing funny about it and nothing surprising either. If they can't suck their cocks and heap praise on them then they can always take up half the broadcast feeling sorry for them.