NFL Draft

Soxfest

...With the fourth pick in the 2003 NFL Draft:  The Chicago Bears select Byron Leftwich out of Marshall University!!!

ohhhh god i hope you are right.. i dont see how we can pass on a talent like leftwich..if we do then we know this team is not serious about winning...its the perfect time to draft leftwich...we are about 3 years away with good drafts anyways so he will have plenty of time to develop..

Did anyone hear if Terrell Suggs last workout was any better than the disaster he had with the Bears?

Suggs last work out was even worse than his previous....... not good. I heard his 40 times were even slower to.

4.9 and 5.0 i think is what they said

wow, what happened to this guy? He was supposed to be the best pass rusher in the draft. I wonder if he was doping in college and quit for tehe NFL or something, because he has just fallen like a rock!

Did anyone hear if Terrell Suggs last workout was any better than the disaster he had with the Bears?

Suggs last work out was even worse than his previous....... not good. I heard his 40 times were even slower to.

wow, what happened to this guy? He was supposed to be the best pass rusher in the draft. I wonder if he was doping in college and quit for tehe NFL or something, because he has just fallen like a rock!

as much as i think the bears needs a qb, i think they will pick a dt.

I think the Bengals will trade the first pick to the Texans for the third pick and a later one. That way the Texans can take Rogers...the Lions won't take a QB so they will take someone else...and the Bengals can take Palmer or Leftwich...one will be left for the Bears.

I think the Bengals will trade the first pick to the Texans for the third pick and a later one. That way the Texans can take Rogers...the Lions won't take a QB so they will take someone else...and the Bengals can take Palmer or Leftwich...one will be left for the Bears.

If that happens then Newman would go 2nd and I think the Bengals would take Palmer.

Sounds like a sweet deal for the Bengals. They could pick up an extra pick and still get the qb they want.

He put on like 20 pounds to prove he could be a full time defensive end and instead killed his stock as his time was expected to be somewhere around 4.6 and at the worse 4.7

He screwed himself over. He'll lose quite a few million cause I think he'll really fall.

If that happens then Newman would go 2nd and I think the Bengals would take Palmer.

Sounds like a sweet deal for the Bengals. They could pick up an extra pick and still get the qb they want.

And why wouldn't they do it? Lions have Harrington, and the Texans have Carr. I think later tonite I'll come out with NFL Draft first round predictions...maybe...I'm bored.

I'd still take Terrell Suggs....he might be the sleeper pick this year. If he can realize what brought his stock down and lose that weight....and get his 40 down to 4.6 or 4.7. He seems like a guy that has a lot of self-discipline and a great work ethic. If a DE gets picked before him...that guy could end up like whoever that Blair guy was that the Jets drafted the same year that Emmitt was drafted by the Cowboys.

Trade Down.......get Boeller or McGahee.......both awesome atheletes.....but I have a feeling the Leftwich is the next Culpepper..

Is that good or bad for Leftwich? He burst onto the scene, but has really had some rough times as of late.

I was thinkin the same thing myself....... I dunno..... I guess what you need to think about is.....would you want Culpepper on your team?

Trade Down.......get Boeller or McGahee.......both awesome atheletes.....but I have a feeling the Leftwich is the next Culpepper..

Is that good or bad for Leftwich? He burst onto the scene, but has really had some rough times as of late.

I was thinkin the same thing myself....... I dunno..... I guess what you need to think about is.....would you want Culpepper on your team?

I think if you get Culpepper away from team disfunction and he could be a superstar. I was hoping somehow he made it to the free agent market but no such luck.

Right now my best guess is they are talking up Robertson so much to increase trade value. If a team is going to move up, it will be to snag Robertson unless somehow Rogers falls to our slot.

Robertson is the talk of most teams boards and I think the Bears will use that to move down and get Boller and an extra 2nd rounder and later pick. To me their is no secret that he is Angelo's guy and then in the 2nd they will draft a cb and a dlineman or maybe even a corner.

Now if they could get 2 first rounders, they probably would.