Are the White Sox for real?

Jabroni

Another good one is that we just have to go a little of .500 the rest of the way to win 90 games, very, very achieveable. Although I don't trust Dayn Perry's judgement very much at all.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Another good one is that we just have to go a little of .500 the rest of the way to win 90 games, very, very achieveable. Although I don't trust Dayn Perry's judgement very much at all.

I have 94 wins as the number in mind that it will take to get it done. We still have some work to do.

Additionally, the Sox lead the AL in ERA and also lead the majors in defensive efficiency, which is the percentage of batted balls a team converts into outs.

I love it when a plan comes together!!!!

Small ball? Offensively, it's lacking. But the "experts" rarely consider the pitching and defense.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
I love it when a plan comes together!!!!

Small ball?  Offensively, it's lacking.  But the "experts" rarely consider the pitching and defense.

Until the playoffs, when they trip over each other trying to be the first one to say that "pitching and defense wins championships".

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 6, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
solid article, but im surprised it came from perry, hes usually such a huge obp guy

as I recall, didn't he write an article ripping the Sox for the off season? When you win eveybody can windsock.

QUOTE(ptatc @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
as I recall, didn't he write an article ripping the Sox for the off season?  When you win eveybody can windsock.

im trying to think, i know he wrote one at the end of last year saying that the sox werent gonna win the division, and i wrote him and b****ed about it, and then the sox proved him right. i know he wrote a few things this offseason about how the sox didnt make improvements, but i also think i remember seeing him say taht the iguchi signing could end up turning an eventful but average offseason into a decent one.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 6, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
Until the playoffs, when they trip over each other trying to be the first one to say that "pitching and defense wins championships".

everyone knows organizations win championships.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 6, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)

90 wins wouldn't have got it done for us in '04 or '03 or '02 or ........

In fact you'd have to go back to '98 for that. I'm guessing it will take close to 100 to win it this yr with the 2nd place team getting the WC with high/mid 90's.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ May 6, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
90 wins wouldn't have got it done for us in '04 or '03 or '02 or ........

In fact you'd have to go back to '98 for that. I'm guessing it will take close to 100 to win it this yr with the 2nd place team getting the WC with  high/mid 90's.

That sounds about right. I think it will take about 95 to win the division and about the same for wild card. So whoever gets second in this division will probably get wild card. Thats obviously very likely to be the Twins or Sox.

And im so glad that Dayn Perry thinks we are for real. :rolly