The beauty of war...

BridgeportHeather

"The beauty of war"? What in the blue hell are you smoking?

War is the most evil social construct created by human beings. I really don't see how flag waving nationalism to whip people into a frenzy in order to end the lives of other human beings really translates to being something beautiful and worth celebrating.

What about the $0 that Bush put in the new budget to rebuild Afghanistan? What a humanitarian George W. Bush is!

"The beauty of war"?  What in the blue hell are you smoking?

War is the most evil social construct created by human beings.  I really don't see how flag waving nationalism to whip people into a frenzy in order to end the lives of other human beings really translates to being something beautiful and worth celebrating.

What about the $0 that Bush put in the new budget to rebuild Afghanistan?  What a humanitarian George W. Bush is!

and soon the gas prices will go down. yesssss!

Actually our gas prices were really high because of the labor problems and general strike in Venezuela...but that's a different topic for another time.

But I guess the billions that Halliburton is going to be making fighting the oil fires etc. (a contract awarded to them without there being a competition for the lowest bid....something VERY illegal) should be lucrative for Cheney and his oil pals.

Actually our gas prices were really high because of the labor problems and general strike in Venezuela...but that's a different topic for another time.

But I guess the billions that Halliburton is going to be making fighting the oil fires etc. (a contract awarded to them without there being a competition for the lowest bid....something VERY illegal) should be lucrative for Cheney and his oil pals.

yup and now we will saber rattle syria and then maybe on to iran. oh man, can you see maybe 70 cents to a gal again at the gas pumps. i can hardly wait. who care we kill a bunch of arabs.

since virgin airlines are now going to have flights into bagdad, it would be great to have iraq as a us territory. we can have the isreali go after syria and we go after lebobon. for the revenge factor of the bombing of our soldiers there. :headbang

apu get off ldf's back, he never called you any names and just because he has a different viewpoint doesn't mean he's stupid. for a pacifist you sure have no trouble starting fights.

It's just weird that I have been admonished by moderators here for less than this blatantly racist hate speech that LDF is spouting.

He is a racist hatemonger and it sickens me that people can get away with that sort of head up the ass logic of "Yay, there are dead US/UK soldiers and dead Iraqi toddlers so I can have my oil prices lowered!"

so that's what he thinks, so what. i wouldn't go so far as to call him a hatemonger, just for hating a certain group of people. if i did, i could just as easily call you a hatemonger because you hate people who are pro-war.

i rarely agree with anything you say but most of the time i just shrug it off, cause calling you an idiot isn't going to accomplish anything.

Apu's such a mark. This thread is so obvious an attempt to get him to spew his drivel and he took the bait hook, line, and sinker  :lol:

How about those White Sox Apu  :huh:

11-6 Doing quite well. When the Royals start having to play major league teams (i.e. not the Tigers) we should take over first place quite easily.

Secondly, I knew it was a mark. I saw the SnR boards and what Heather posted over there. The fact was that I wasn't tired last night so I stayed up and posted.

Hey Apu, do you know how many companies in the world have the ability to fight these type of oil fires?

Hey Apu, do you know how many companies in the world have the ability to fight these type of oil fires?

There are obviously many of them because the EU is bringing charges against the US in the World Trade Organization proclaiming that Halliburton getting the contracts without competition is illegal. Also, there is a Congressional investigation into Halliburton and the war contracts.

There are obviously many of them because the EU is bringing charges against the US in the World Trade Organization proclaiming that Halliburton getting the contracts without competition is illegal. Also, there is a Congressional investigation into Halliburton and the war contracts.

If I understand the job right there are 3. The EU is bring the suit of a French company that was left out in the cold.

In the end, it saves lives!!! :headbang

Just like the lives of the 100 some soldiers it saved, eh?

It's a mark Roman to illicit a response from the boards biggest Sox fan :lol:

:huh: Sorry CK, Im feeling kinda dumb right now. Could you explain that please?

Making someone a "mark" is when you say or do something so obviously over-the-top and overblown that 99% of the people know you're fooling around because of the stupidity of the statement or action but your "mark" takes your ridiculously overblown statements or actions seriously. Usually done for humor at the "marks" expense.