how good a SS is jose valentin???

baggio202

Albert Belle cost 11 Million (plus insurence). Extra 200, 000 fans might bring in 3 million. Do the math.

200,000/3,000,000=$15 a fan??? That is pretty low IMO considering the cheapest ticket we have in the building is $14. So those extra 200,000 people are all going to show up to the park in public transportation, buy the cheapest seat and not buy any concessions or suveneirs? I think an estimate of $30 to $40 of revenue per fan is much more realistic. When you factor in $15 to park, at least $20 for a lower deck seat, $4.75 a beer, $4 a program etc, $15 a fan is WAY too low.

Good point.. It's more like $30 a fan at the least (and that's just a LD ticket, one beer and a hot dog). That's about $6 mil in addition revenue. I was likely a wash with all the additional fans, food, beer, and crap that was bought.

Good point.. It's more like $30 a fan at the least (and that's just a LD ticket, one beer and a hot dog). That's about $6 mil in addition revenue. I was likely a wash with all the additional fans, food, beer, and crap that was bought.

You're right, I didn't figure in the merchandise, food, parking, etc. Still it's probably not going to exceed 8-10 million. Half-price Mondays-Tuesdays subtract from that $40 average.

Now if we'are talking about extra million fans (if Sox pull a Minnesota in playoffs 2002), then $30-40 per fan becomes something very substancial. Certainly enough to get Vlad and retain Colon...and fill up Chairman's pockets aplenty.

You also can't compare Vladimir to Belle in terms of popularity and marketability. Not even close. He could give Sammy run for his money.

You're right, I didn't figure in the merchandise, food, parking, etc. Still it's probably not going to exceed 8-10 million. Half-price Mondays-Tuesdays subtract from that $40 average.

Now if we'are talking about extra million fans (if Sox pull a Minnesota in playoffs 2002), then $30-40 per fan becomes something very substancial. Certainly enough to get Vlad and retain Colon...and fill up Chairman's pockets aplenty.

You also can't compare Vladimir to Belle in terms of popularity and marketability. Not even close. He could give Sammy run for his money.

I don't think half price Monday's & Tuesday's were going on then... I could be wrong since I don't buy indiviual game tickets. But lets say (since most of the tickets are at least $20) that it's a game ticket, 2 beers ($13), parking (back then $13), and a hot dog (2.25). That's $48 per fan. That's $11.8 million right there. That's not including any gift shop crap. And I'm being way conservative on the beer and food thig. Even people that don't drink beer are paying $3.75 for each soda. 4, maybe 5 a game? ($11.25). Regardless.. it's a moot point now.

They have had half price nites basically since the strike.  I used to always go get the UD reserved seats when they were $8 for half price.  My wife and I could go to a game and park for $18.

Thanks southsider. I had no idea. Guess in order to get an accurate # I'd have to go back through all the attendance figures for those 3 years and subtract out the walkups.

Brando....after ripping my post apart...I can answer one thign

You asked who would take Konerko off our hands....a 1Bman with little range either way....yadda yadda yadda.....and I can tell you a team that could do that for us.

How about the Baltimore Orioles? Angelos has given Flanagan and the GMing crew up there the green-light to trade for Griffey Jr....even if it means they had to pay the remaining $80 mill or so on his contract. $16 mill or so is nothing compared to what is guaranteed for Griffey. They'd take him. Hell....they'd probably take both Konerko and Lee....but I don't think they have enough talent wise to get Lee. Not without hurting what they are trying to improve anyways...that being their offense. I mean....I'd take Lopez and Julio....but I'm not so sure they'd like that deal.