Over/Under Rated

Texsox

Would you rather be under rated or over rated?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be under rated or over rated?

• Under Rated
    • Over Rated
    • I just like to Vote

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 7, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
When I started the thread and asked the question, I wasn't thinking sports, which is why I placed it in SL&P. People are over rated and under rated in all fields, not just sports. No need to compare one against the other.

I don't think I've ever used the terms underrated and overrated outside of sports.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 7, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
I don't think I've ever used the terms underrated and overrated outside of sports.

It is sometimes confused with office politics. "Why did he get promoted again? He isn't that great, he got really lucky landing the Anderson-Greely account". "Bob works his ass off everyday, yet they passed over him again. he just doesn't toot his own horn, and the company takes him for granted"

Edited by Texsox

When you consider that those terms don't really affect your performance at all, I think you have to pick overrated. I personally greatly prefer having my performance be thought of as better than it really is than have it be thought of as worse than it actually is. I don't see the benefit of "underrated" in the real world.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 8, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
When you consider that those terms don't really affect your performance at all, I think you have to pick overrated. I personally greatly prefer having my performance be thought of as better than it really is than have it be thought of as worse than it actually is. I don't see the benefit of "underrated" in the real world.

Yeah, exactly. I'd rather be overrated. Underrated doesn't really get you anywhere.