Game Thread 5-8-2005 Sox vs Blueballs er Jays

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
50/50.

Bad feed, but I still think Uribe could have made a play.  Or, he should have just ate the ball if there wasn't a play.

And Addy, the reason I like Baj is because he's striking out almost 11 guys per nine.  He's a little older, but he's doing something right down there to be striking out over a hitter per inning. 

But you've seen him live, I haven't -- so that makes a huge difference.

Keith, do you know if Kenny plans on making him a member of the Sox pen in the future?

Granted, I wouldn't touch our pen right now, but does he have a future with the Sox or should he be moved for something the Sox could use?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

Uribe needs to calm down a bit. He should have taken a few pitches, try to extend the at bats this inning and keep Toronto on the field.

Guest JimH
Can't Ozuna play 2B? Is his forearm still bruised or something?

Good question.

Just a guess, but Guillen is trying to get Lopez into a game for two reasons:

- Lopez will likely get sent down after the game because Harris will rejoin the team

- They want to give Ozuna an extra day off

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Keith, do you know if Kenny plans on making him a member of the Sox pen in the future?

Granted, I wouldn't touch our pen right now, but does he have a future with the Sox or should he be moved for something the Sox could use?

I dunno, really.

I personally don't like Vizcaino as much as the rest of the board does, and if Baj keeps dominating Charlotte, the Sox owe it to themselves and to Baj to see if he can really pitch or not.

There could potentially be two-three open spots in our bullpen next year. I believe Shingo and Cliff are FAs after the season (though I could be wrong on Cliff).

Baj is sort of like Diaz at this point -- both have shown just about everything they can at AAA, yet there's no spot for either of them with the big club. I'd assume (like you said) that Baj might be trading bait, and I think the same holds true with Felix.

Guest JimH

Good, at least Everett and now Konerko are making this guy work.

Konerko walks.

That's exactly what they needed to do this half inning, somebody needs to talk to Uribe about his approach on his at bat. Not a huge deal but he should have had a better at bat.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 8, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I just tuned in - what kind of errors did Uribe commit?  Wow, 2 in one inning.  Yikes...

bobbled a tough backhand that maybe gets 1 out.

errant throw to first on a DP. He had a bad feed from lopez though.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
Good question.

Just a guess, but Guillen is trying to get Lopez into a game for two reasons:

- Lopez will likely get sent down after the game because Harris will rejoin the team

- They want to give Ozuna an extra day off

Yea that makes sense, forgot Harris will be back for tommorows game.

As far as that ugly 4th inning- it should be okay because 4 runs crossed the plate. And Buerhle's ERA is exactly 4.00. He'll shut them down from here on out.

It's totally amazing when ou think that ERA wise that Mark is our worse starting pitcher. Just think we he gets zeroed in again just how much better we will be. That has got to be scary to these other teams.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
It's totally amazing when ou think that ERA wise that Mark is our worse starting pitcher. Just think we he gets zeroed in again just how much better we will be. That has got to be scary to these other teams.

...just as scary as Dye, Everett, Rowand, Konerko, AND Frank clicking on all cylinders.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
I still can't get over Chacin's "double-set."

If I was back there, I'd have a real difficult time of not hitting him up with a balk, especially in the early innings.

apparently its cuz he's "not trying to decieve the batter/runner" so its not a balk

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
...just as scary as Dye, Everett, Rowand, Konerko, AND Frank clicking on all cylinders.

You got that right. I watched the game on WGN yesterday and was just so impressed with how everyone is contributing in some way. I didn't realize just how fast that PODS is either till I got the chance to see him in acion.