Game Thread 5-8-2005 Sox vs Blueballs er Jays

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
Well no s***, but if you love his stuff so much what does he throw?

Does he throw a 12-6? No.

Does he have a fastball with some movement and some decent off-speed pitches? Yes.

He tends to be erratic at times, but I think he really has a shot to be a closer, in the mold of a Percival or a young Billy Wagner.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
Not a 12-6.  As I stated.  It's not quantum physics.  Do you want me to lie to you?

:lolhitting He doesn't have a 12-6. Well that's very descriptive.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Has Pedro Lopez ever played 2nd base before?  He was more responsible for that Uribe throwing error than anyone else.

This goes back to my original compaint.

Kenny is really high on him, but he's a long way away from ML material. He looked awfully shotty in ST and kicked his fair share of balls. That low feed is a good example of why he isn't ready yet.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 8, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
Has Pedro Lopez ever played 2nd base before?  He was more responsible for that Uribe throwing error than anyone else.

50/50.

Bad feed, but I still think Uribe could have made a play. Or, he should have just ate the ball if there wasn't a play.

And Addy, the reason I like Baj is because he's striking out almost 11 guys per nine. He's a little older, but he's doing something right down there to be striking out over a hitter per inning.

But you've seen him live, I haven't -- so that makes a huge difference.