Post on Blue Jays.com

From the Sox website....I love how his nickname is Hulk...the dude is like 4 feet tall. :bang :P :D

Bio:

Begins his sixth season as the White Sox bullpen catcher ... was named to his position on 2/28/00 ... assists the coaching staff with video analysis and batting practice with his contagious smile, enthusiasm and outgoing personality, has become a White Sox fan favorite and goodwill ambassador for the organization.

Minor League Coaching Career:

Spent the 1999 season as the first base coach for the Charlotte Knights, the White Sox Class AAA affiliate ... was responsible for working with the catchers ... served as hitting coach for the Kinston Indians in 1998, the Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians.

Playing Career:

Played 16 seasons with the Samsung Lions of the Korean League ... commonly known as the "Babe Ruth of Korea" ... former catcher hit .296 (1,276-4,310) with 252 home runs and 861 RBI ... voted by The Sports Chosun Fan Voting as the KL fan favorite in the 20th Century ... owned KL record for most career home runs with 252 (since broken) ... his uniform No. 22 was retired in 2003 ... named KL Most Valuable Player in 1983 ... won Triple Crown in 1984 with a .340 average, 23 home runs and 80 RBI ... appeared in 13 KL All-Star games ... earned five consecutive Gold Glove awards from 1983-87 ... was the KL home run and RBI champion three straight seasons (1983-85).

Miscellaneous/Personal:

Married Sinhwa ... has two children: Hajong and Unjong ... attended Hanyang University ... due to his popularity in his native Korea, operates the websites www.leemansoo.co.kr and www.leemansoo.com ... enjoys writing, swimming, golf and tennis ... nickname is "Hulk."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
This is another reason why I always try to get the seats next to the bullpen at home.  I don't know about other teams but the guys there have always been personable when I've attended games.

Koch was great .. in that regards.

foulke used to hang out and watch the fireworks