AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 8, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Today was closer than it should have been.   Two bonehead errors by Marte and Ozzie's decision to yank Hermy made it waaaaay more exciting than it should have been.....but I'll take wins however they come. 

In our excitement to face the Os', let's not get cocky and complacent and overlook Tampa Bay.   We need to shoot for another sweep, even taking 2 of 3 from them would be kinda dissapointing, you gotta get fat of the bad teams.

Go Sox  :headbang

so by marte you mean uribe right..? :P

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 8, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
And quietly, Damaso Marte has been our second best reliever out of the bullpen this year (or, perhaps tied with Politte).  I believe our top two relievers have emerged...

Damaso makes me more nervous than anyone else in our pen.

QUOTE(Nokona @ May 8, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Oh please.

EAT s*** TORONTO!

get well soon zaun.

"What?!......Canada sucks!"-Peter Griffin

I don't really have hate towards any team except the Yankees, Twins, and Cubs..

No reason for me to say eat s***, Toronto...or Seattle....or whoever.

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 8, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
And quietly, Damaso Marte has been our second best reliever out of the bullpen this year (or, perhaps tied with Politte).  I believe our top two relievers have emerged...

I hope Marte's appearance today isn't what sealed the deal for you. He wasn't that good.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 8, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
He was on first when there was a force out at second.  He slid into second to try to take out Pedro Lopez, but Pedro's knee hit him right near the temple.  He was down for a long time and not moving.  His legs began to move a little, they braced his neck and put an oxygen bag on his face, and took him off the field.

Oh, that's awful. Yeah - let's hope he's okay. Zaun is a good guy.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 8, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Damaso makes me more nervous than anyone else in our pen.

Yet he's our second best reliever...

I hope Marte's appearance today isn't what sealed the deal for you. He wasn't that good.

No, but he's still been awesome. I imagine it was probably pretty tough for Marte to get back into the game after that Zaun play. He got the job done, though -- certainly, could have done better by not giving us all a heart attack, but other than today, he's done everything he's been asked to do. And done a very good job of it, too.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 8, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Was anybody pissed off when Ozzie pulled Hermanson for Marte?  Oh well.  I'll take the win.  24-7..Who would've thunk it. :cheers

Well I'd be lying if I said I was happy about it. I mean Hermy is hot. No sense to fix something that ain't broke. But Marte got it done and i'm happy with the win...