Game Thread 5-9-2005 Sox .vs. Rays

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it time for you to try and suggest that I was blaming Marte for Zaun getting hurt yesterday?

You did. You used hindsight to say that if Marte wasn't pitching, Zaun wouldn't have been injured. Everyone laughed at that comment.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(fathom @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
What the hell is your problem?  When DJ, who rarely makes an analysis, says the same thing....maybe it was actually a dumb pitch? 

Also, since when is saying the Sox deserve to lose trollish?  That doesn't mean I'm not cheering for them to win.  It's just a simple statement that we've made some dumb mistakes, and haven't had any clutch hits while Tampa has 3, 2 out RBI.

This is the same way we played last year against them and it killed us. I think we had a losing record against them didn't we?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
I didn't know baseball games were only 6 innings.

Through the first six innings, we deserve to lose.

Personally, I think comments like, "The Great Willie Harris!" after he makes an error, or strikes out (a la the Oakland series) are more trollish, but what do I know... :huh

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
f***in' steals are killing us!

Maybe I missed something, but they haven't score a run because of a stolen base today. Huff didn't steal 2nd base like Jabroni stated before. He easily scored once the ball got to the wall.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
You did.  You used hindsight to say that if Marte wasn't pitching, Zaun wouldn't have been injured.  Everyone laughed at that comment.

I swear you only read what you want to in order to make your own statement about something. What I said about keeping Hermanson in had absolutely nothing to do with that situation in terms of Marte being responsible.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
Can Carl really do any worse out there when Frank gets back?

Probably can do worse.

Difference is he's been consistent on offense throughout the season.

Dye, however, misplays balls and fails to drive in runs with two on-0out situations. He's shown flashes of emerging from his slump, although two games in a series won't convince me of it.

They need to take the bats off their shoulders. Watching fastballs down the cock, and watching them because they are not middle in to turn on is embarassing. If they throw you away then hit it away. If they pitch you in, pull the damn ball.

QUOTE(ptatc @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
This is the same way we played last year against them and it killed us. I think we had a losing record against them didn't we?

your right they play us tough, they run well and kill us with base hits. Today we need to play like them.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Probably can do worse.

Difference is he's been consistent on offense throughout the season.

Dye, however, misplays balls and fails to drive in runs with two on-0out situations. He's shown flashes of emerging from his slump, although two games in a series won't convince me of it.

yeah, he also drops routine flyballs late in games in Oakland....

Guest JimH

Just curious, why do all these game threads always turn into an argument?

Take a breath and relax people.

Thank you.

Wow. Two pitchers with ERA's above 5.50 have never looked so dominant.

It's unbelievable when our offense can't score off scrub Tampa Bay pitchers. Nomo is terrible. No one can convince me otherwise. Chris Carter? LOL.

Yet two runs have crossed the plate.