Game Thread 5-9-2005 Sox .vs. Rays

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear you only read what you want to in order to make your own statement about something.  What I said about keeping Hermanson in had absolutely nothing to do with that situation in terms of Marte being responsible.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=674082

Really wish Hermanson would have been left in to close this game.  Very likely the Zaun thing wouldn't have happened than also.

:rolly

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
offense looking flat again. Someone needs to step it up

We seem to be sitting back waiting for the 2 or 3 run homer again. That 3rd inning really left Tampa in this game, as well as their 3, 2 out RBI.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
I worry about the D-Rays pen. THey are a lot like Detorit in that they have bad numbers but live arms. Hopefully we get something going

I worry about our offense sleepwalking more than anything. No matter what our record is we need to beat teams like this.

Guest JimH

The pitch to Singleton was bad, he beat him on an inside pitch for the other RBI, why go in there again. Same pitch, same bad result.

Garcia is working his ass off but he does not have the good fastball, nor is he working the fastball up in the zone.

He is certainly not the only one off their game tonite though.

They are close, need to stick with it, six more outs to get it done.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest he implied Lance Carter, the current Devil Rays pitcher on the mound.  Was it that tough to decipher or were you just being difficult?

:)

The guy is an All-Star

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)

Are you an idiot? Anyone with any intelligence would figure out what I meant by that. What's the chances that the same situation would have happened if Hermanson stayed in? Probably like 1 in one billion. McDonald would have never faced Hermanson, so there who knows if there would have been a similar grounder...it's not likely. I didn't think I had to explain this.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
The pitch to Singleton was bad, he beat him on an inside pitch for the other RBI, why go in there again.  Same pitch, same bad result.

Garcia is working his ass off but he does not have the good fastball, nor is he working the fastball up in the zone.

He is certainly not the only one off their game tonite though.

They are close, need to stick with it, six more outs to get it done.

That first hit that Singleton had was just bad. Garcia gets the guy 0-2 and then throws a slow curve inside to a lefty. You have a waste pitch, either bust him in high and tight or toss it high and away.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
Just curious, why do all these game threads always turn into an argument?

Take a breath and relax people.

Thank you.

because we are emotional and we don't enjoy games.We press just like the players.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
That first hit that Singleton had was just bad.  Garcia gets the guy 0-2 and then throws a slow curve inside to a lefty. You have a waste pitch, either bust him in high and tight or toss it high and away.

Be careful, someone might tell you to shut up.

Are you an idiot?  Anyone with any intelligence would figure out what I meant by that.  What's the chances that the same situation would have happened if Hermanson stayed in?  Probably like 1 in one billion.  McDonald would have never faced Hermanson, so there who knows if there would have been a similar grounder...it's not likely.  I didn't think I had to explain this.

To me it sounded like you used hindsight to say that if Hermanson was pitching instead of Marte, Zaun wouldn't have gotten injured. I didn't know you could predict the future. It was a completely moronic statement and still is.

But then again, you ARE the master of hindsight with all of your comments so I guess I should have expected as much.

Edited by Jabroni