Game Thread 5-9-2005 Sox .vs. Rays

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

I thought the same thing on the 0-2 pitch.

Crawford was out at 1st, it was a damn close bang bang play. The problem I have with it Reilly hesitated to make the call.

It was the wrong call.

Now Huff drives in a run with the grounder.

Sonofab****.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
Our pitchers tonight "collectively" having pitched a smart game. 

0-2 and we toss something close enough to get wood on it.  You get ahead and then instead of using a waste pitch, give them something to put into play.

Yep. Even Nomo was smart enough to throw his splitter in the dirt when he had 2 strikes on guys.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Our pitchers tonight "collectively" having pitched a smart game. 

0-2 and we toss something close enough to get wood on it.  You get ahead and then instead of using a waste pitch, give them something to put into play.

You can't get on Cotts for that. He made a good pitch. You can't do anything about those high choppers.

Guest JimH
WHAT HAPPENED????????????????????

There was one out and Crawford hit a little high bounder that Iguchi charged and made a good throw to Konerko at 1st. Bang bang play, Reilly called crawford safe, DJ was complaining about it. Replay showed he was barely out.

So it was bases loaded one out. Aubrey Huff hit a grounder and drove in a run.

It's now 2 outs and the Sox are down by 2.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Here comes Politte, god damnit with the way the offense has swung this baby is about done.

Dude, I know you love being pessimistic but yeesh, the 8th inning is our inning, that's when our offense always gets some big hits. By the way it's not like our guys have been swinging the bat poorly, lots of bad luck in this game so far.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Dude, I know you love being pessimistic but yeesh, the 8th inning is our inning, that's when our offense always gets some big hits.  By the way it's not like our guys have been swinging the bat poorly, lots of bad luck in this game so far.

Bad luck because we only got 2 runs off of Hideo f***ing Nomo and Lance Carter?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Daniel Cabrera had a 3-hitter with 11 K's through 8 innings against the Twinkies. :o

Cabrera owned us the first time he faced us last year when he was brought up from AA. Now we get to face him and Garcia is on the other end. If he pitches like this on Saturday it will be a long night for the sox. He needs to start to throw like a number 2.