Game Thread 5-9-2005 Sox .vs. Rays

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Bad luck because we only got 2 runs off of Hideo f***ing Nomo and Lance Carter?

Bad f***in luck cause we've hit a lot of balls hard at people. By the way Nomo was good tonight even though his numbers coming into this game sucked. He was popping his fastball better and his forkball was diving like it used to.

2 out walk.

Guest JimH

Politte in now.

Cotts was fine, bad breaks on the infield bouncers and Crawford should have been called out even though it was extremely close.

Politte walks a guy.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
Dude, I know you love being pessimistic but yeesh, the 8th inning is our inning, that's when our offense always gets some big hits.  By the way it's not like our guys have been swinging the bat poorly, lots of bad luck in this game so far.

I have a question, and no, I'm not trying to act like a troll: What's this bad luck we're hitting into? Podsednik and Uribe both have lined out, but both those weren't in crucial situations. When we had guys in scoring position, if our hitters made contact, it was very weakly. I'm just asking cause I heard DJ say the same.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
You can't get on Cotts for that.  He made a good pitch.  You can't do anything about those high choppers.

0-2 the pitch should of been up to get him to chase it. On 0-2 there is no reason a guy should be able to get wood on it.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Bad luck because we only got 2 runs off of Hideo f***ing Nomo and Lance Carter?

Well lance carter has been an all star. ;)

Edited by qwerty

Guest JimH

Sox have hit some balls hard but they've had some awful at bats too. Lots of pop ups.

Politte needs to pitch out of this.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
I have a question, and no, I'm not trying to act like a troll:  What's this bad luck we're hitting into?  Podsednik and Uribe both have lined out, but both those weren't in crucial situations.  When we had guys in scoring position, if our hitters made contact, it was very weakly.  I'm just asking cause I heard DJ say the same.

They caught a lot of breaks on offense(Including a bad call that just cost us a run there). We aren't exactly playing well though.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
I have a question, and no, I'm not trying to act like a troll:  What's this bad luck we're hitting into?  Podsednik and Uribe both have lined out, but both those weren't in crucial situations.  When we had guys in scoring position, if our hitters made contact, it was very weakly.  I'm just asking cause I heard DJ say the same.

We've hit plenty of balls hard tonight and just not finding holes, it seemed that way yesterday also, not making any excuses but it's not like the offense hasn't been taking good swings tonight.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(quickman @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Game over they will lose. its over, done.

Would you like to find where I said that when the game ws 3-2.

Thanks, and good luck.

Politte gets out of it.