Game Thread 5-9-2005 Sox .vs. Rays

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

Garcia is laboring.

If Guillen's normal mode is in effect tonite, he stays in the game.

Nope ... he is going to Cotts.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
During a game like this, you just gotta sit back, relax, grab the latest issue of Baseball America, and strap 'er down.

just got it today Good article on DePodesta and LA. They are playing well.

(trying not to think of the missed opportunities in this game)

Guest JimH

This does not bother me he's going to Cotts. The starters have been throwing a lot of innings and in some cases, a lot of pitches.

Get a fresh arm in there.

If Cotts makes a mistake, we use this game as motivation.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
To me it sounded like you used hindsight to say that if Hermanson was pitching instead of Marte, Zaun wouldn't have gotten injured.  I didn't know you could predict the future.  It was a completely moronic statement and still is.

But then again, you ARE the master of hindsight with all of your comments so I guess I should have expected as much.

Considering that almost everyone of us was saying we wanted Hermanson to stay in, it was simply a comment about what we would have liked to not see happen at the end of the game. If anyone actually thinks I was blaming Marte for Zaun being hurt, then I don't know what to say.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
People will start to b**** about cotts?

It's alright if people dislike the guy. I personally hate Cotts, he just always seems to walk the first batter, put the team out of reach for a comeback/doesn't hold lead, than looks dazzling for an inning or two of garbage baseball

I actually thought Garcia had pretty good stuff tonight. He still isn't throwing his splitter/changeup like he used to. Garcia did face a pretty awful lineup tonight, and he allowed 3, 2 out hits to the bottom of the order.

Guest JimH

There are some on this board waiting for Cotts to screw up and they will point it out.

There are others who are waiting for Cotts to ace this guy and they will point it out.

Ditto for when Kevin Walker gets into a game.