Game Thread 5-9-2005 Sox .vs. Rays

QUOTE(fathom @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
DJ playing with fire on that quote about the number 4 hitter for Tampa.  Good job by Garcia overcoming the leadoff walk.  Now, we need to continue to have quality ABs vs Nomo.

What did he say? I've got the TB broadcasters on MLB.com.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
What did he say? I've got the TB broadcasters on MLB.com.

Just talking about how they don't have a homer yet from the number 4 hole this year. Even Venture came out of his hole to tell him not to jinx the situation.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Robin is dead quiet.

Please give me Donn Pall back.

I think Robin is pretty damn funny, though...

Personally, I think both Robin and Donn are easily both better than DJ, but that's just me.

I just have to speak, for a moment, to Podsednik's patience at the plate. By taking a few pitches to leadoff the ballgame, he not only puts himself in a better situation to get on base, but also lets his teammates see a few pitches. I'm just thrilled with what our #1 and #2 hitters have done on the year and it's been such a relief to see the top of the order setting the table and doing the things they should be doing.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 9, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Garcia really looked wild that inning on gameday.

And what is this guy,  :ph34r: ?

A long debated smiley, usually illustrating something sneaky about your post. I think he's a ninja.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Remember that walkoff homer in Oakland last year?  I believe it was Erubiel Durazo, and DJ said he hadn't hit a homer since the previous September.  Next pitch, gone.

Not to sound like a jackass, but I'm pretty sure it was Kotsay vs Adkins.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Just talking about how they don't have a homer yet from the number 4 hole this year.  Even Venture came out of his hole to tell him not to jinx the situation.

Ahh ok, I thought maybe he said something controversial. Thanks.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
I just have to speak, for a moment, to Podsednik's patience at the plate.  By taking a few pitches to leadoff the ballgame, he not only puts himself in a better situation to get on base, but also lets his teammates see a few pitches.  I'm just thrilled with what our #1 and #2 hitters have done on the year and it's been such a relief to see the top of the order setting the table and doing the things they should be doing.

You mean you do not miss Ray-I-can-hit-HRs-Durham????

:lol:

Are Scott Podsednik and Frank Thomas the only two guys on our team who know the words "take some pitches" or "draw a walk"? Sheesh, it looks pretty obvious to me that Nomo is having a tough time finding the strike zone, and we're bailing him out.

I realize we have two runs, but I'd like to see some more patience...

I'm really sick and tired of seeing Crede continue to hit infield popups on low pitches.  He does it about twice a game now, and it's just a terrible swing.

Agreed. His hitting streak is over and his AVG is dropping fast. He's down to .270 now.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Agreed.  His hitting streak is over and his AVG is dropping fast.  He's down to .270 now.

The biggest problem I have is that the swing Crede is taking on these pitches is giving him absolutely no chance at getting a hit. He's dropping his hands a ton, and his entire body is basically getting underneath the ball.