All Star Team

If we only have one AS and still have the best record in baseball and the best starting ERA at the break, I will never watch nor vote for the game again. It'd be a joke. If the Yankees get 5 guys and are under .500, they really need to look and change the way players get into the game.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ May 10, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
If we only have one AS and still have the best record in baseball and the best starting ERA at the break, I will never watch nor vote for the game again. It'd be a joke. If the Yankees get 5 guys and are under .500, they really need to look and change the way players get into the game.

yeah....they'd have to be voted in this year. Francona won't take any, or at least you would think he wouldn't, especially if they're under .500.

I think it is actually impossible for the AL All stars to screw the AL central worse than Torre did last year.

At the break last year, the Sox were in 1st, the Twins were in 2nd. The Sox had 1 all star, and it wasn't even our best pitcher. The Twins had 2 - Nathan and Hunter. And somehow, the 3rd place Indians had like 5 or 6 guys on the team.

Toss into the hat the whole "Jason Giambi is an all star", along with the fact that neither Thomas nor Konerko made it, and I think it's absolutely impossible for this year's team to screw us worse than last year.

If Konerko gets his bat going, he has a shot, with all the home runs he's already hit. Garland wins 2 more games and he's probably a shoe-in...3 or 4 more and he starts the game. Buehrle should get there this year.

One thing that is fairly nice about this team...we don't have 1 single guy who is carrying us. Lots of people are all-around performing, so even if we don't have more than 2 or 3 guys, I don't think it reflects on the team as a whole.

As of right now I have my starters penciled in as:

C: Pudge Rodriguez

1B: Mark Texiera

2B: Alfonso Soriano

SS: Miguel Tejada

3B: A-Rod

OF: Ichiro

OF: Vlad

OF: Sheffield

DH: Manny

SP: Randy Johnson/Johan Santana

as for the sox... Id say Buehrle has become rather popular and should get in, so should Garland.... and than it depends if the AL carries three 2B or not if Iguchi gets in because Roberts will for sure. But my best guess is Garland and Buehrle.