Attendance Thread

retro1983hat

This weekend we should finally hear positive discussion about Sox attendance.

Just checked and here's what things look like for the series:

Thursday - lower bowl sold out

Friday - some lower level seats deep in the corner

Saturday - only upper deck way down the line is available

Sunday - lower bowl sold out

It should add up to 120,000+ for the 4 game set.

Brian, me, his brother and his mom are accompaning his other brother, SIL, niece and two nephews on Sunday because his niece won some sort of contest and won tickets for her family so we are all going.

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
Don't be surprsied at how many will be looooooving Sammy and the O's and cheering against the Sox.

Don'r forget, a lot of the Red Sox, Cubs, and Yankee attendance numbers are good because so many people from out of town and fans of the opposing teams want to go to their games. So bring 'em on, I could care less. You go to a Cub/Card game at Wrigley and there are thousands of Cards fans at the game. It all helps our bottom line when we fill the park.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Don'r forget, a lot of the Red Sox, Cubs, and Yankee attendance numbers are good because so many people from out of town and fans of the opposing teams want to go to their games. So bring 'em on, I could care less. You go to a Cub/Card game at Wrigley and there are thousands of Cards fans at the game. It all helps our bottom line when we fill the park.

I agree, the more the merrier, I'm just saying expect a large number of Cub fan, pro Sammy, anti Sox garbage to be there.

Guest JimH

We have two in the Club Level for Friday nite and Sat. nite, plus parking pass. Face value.

If interested, PM me.

EDIT: Friday's sold.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I agree, the more the merrier, I'm just saying expect a large number of Cub fan, pro Sammy, anti Sox garbage to be there.

But it didn't start that way with the scrub fans, most were going there to boo him. Now with the Sox en fuego and the Cubs El joke-o some of those jeers will to to cheers.

Here's hoping they have little to cheer about. :drink

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
But it didn't start that way with the scrub fans, most were going there to boo him. Now with the Sox en fuego and the Cubs El joke-o some of those jeers will to to cheers.

Here's hoping they have little to cheer about.  :drink

Funny how a sub-.500 start will make Cub fans start to forget what a prick Sosa is...of course, if I was getting the cooling breeze from Burnitz's bat 3 times per game maybe my memory gets cloudy as well.... :D

I would love nothing better than to sell out all four games. It probably won't happen, but hopefully we sell out two games. Also, the national media will be quiet for a few days while we are in Tampa. The series against Baltimore, two first place teams really rolling, there should be a ton of national attention.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)

Here's hoping they have little to cheer about.  :drink

Exactly, now that the Scrubs are struggling, watch them fall in love with Sammy (again) and the Orioles overnight, just to be anti-Sox. No big deal, just kind of my guess.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
What are the pitching match ups.......as of right now?

Looks like this:

Thursday: Garland vs. Chen

Friday: Buehrle vs. Lopez

Saturday: Garcia vs. Cabrera

Sunday: Contreras vs. Bedard

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 9, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
So do Sox fans cheer Sosa for now not being on the Cubs or do we boooo him for still being what he is (and an ex Cub)?

How about we boo him for being an Oriole and someone who is on the other team.

We cheer for our team and boo the crap out of everyone else.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
So do Sox fans cheer Sosa for now not being on the Cubs or do we boooo him for still being what he is (and an ex Cub)?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We boo for the following reasons:

He is a cheater (roids and cork)

He is an ex-Cub 'Icon' (whatever)

He is an Oriole

He is just a tool

There will only be one guy who gets booed louder than Sammy, and that is only if Maggs ever is healthy enough to play.