Sox Vrs O's on WGN Thursday

elrockinMT

For those of us who are held hostage to watching TV baseball I thought you woud like to know that the Thursday night game versus Baltimore will be on WGN.

I see ESPN has Monday night baseball from the East Coast. It isn't the best team in baseball playing Tampa, but the has been Yankmees. It really is becoming a Yankee and Red Sox network.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 9, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
For those of us who are held hostage to watching TV baseball I thought you woud like to know that the Thursday night game versus Baltimore will be on WGN.

Maybe I am too synical about this, but I find this VERY interesting for several reasons.

WGN almost NEVER gives weekday primetime programming to baseball (Cubs or Sox) because they are too busy airing WB crap. However, they are willing to give time to the SOX (not owned by Trib Co) on a THursay night when the sox just "happen" to be playing a home game against the O's who just "happen" to employ Sammy Sosa. Anyone else find it a little fishy that Trib Co wants to air Sosa's home comming?

I see two reasons here:

1) They want to cash in on Sosa Ass lickers watching the game to see perfect Sammy

2) They want to show that the Cubs are better off without Sammy.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Maybe I am too synical about this, but I find this VERY interesting for several reasons.

WGN almost NEVER gives weekday primetime programming to baseball (Cubs or Sox) because they are too busy airing WB crap. However, they are willing to give time to the SOX (not owned by Trib Co) on a THursay night when the sox just "happen" to be playing a home game against the O's who just "happen" to employ Sammy Sosa. Anyone else find it a little fishy that Trib Co wants to air Sosa's home comming?

I see two reasons here:

1) They want to cash in on Sosa Ass lickers watching the game to see perfect Sammy

I'd be a lot less skeptical just because the Cubs also have an ownership interest in the other channel they play on now as well. They would get their money either way.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 9, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)

I see two reasons here:

Baseball isn't about $$$ :D

wgn has saturday besides this thursday night AND ESPN has picked up the Whitesox-Rangers game on mondaynight.

8:00 pm

ESPN's Monday Night Baseball Presented By L'Oreal Men's Expert (HD) : Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox

and the wed game vs texas on wgn

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
wgn has saturday besides this thursday night AND ESPN has picked up the Whitesox-Rangers game on mondaynight.

and the wed game vs texas on wgn

I did not know that! But, it's great.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Even Sox fans wouldn't put the Sox vs. DRays on. Once basketball is over, we will be on ESPN as their second game a bunch over the summer.

I am sorry retro, but I would!