Chicago U2 Show ripped

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)

I was at saturday's show... I'm a little luke-warm on the new album, but other than that it wasn't bad... the oct 2001 show (the last time they were in chicago) was so emotionally charged after 9-11... that it was tough to top... there were sound "limitations" that I guess was just because it was their first night in a new arena, and they will fix... I could do without bono's "jesus-jew-mohamed.. it's true" chant...

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 10, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
:notworthy  Derogatis. One of the few critics (especially music) I really do like. I might not agree with him too much, and I think he likes some pretty crap bands, but the man is REALLY good, and he is a great writer.

I can't stand him.

His unfathomable love of the Flaming Lips ( one of the 3 worst bands I've ever had the misfortune of seeing live ) renders his opinion meaningless to me.

But he is a VERY good writer. Opinion on music doesn't matter, he is a good writer and actually backs up his stuff very well. If I liked everything he liked, it would be pointless to read his stuff. But by the way he describes something, I can get a very good idea if I will like it or not.