What to do with Shingo

rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
Agreed with Beltran. Its just the chance some teams have to take to get to the ultimate goal.  If we are gonna go swimming, we have to jump in with a splash (wagner)  not dip our foot and back away cause it's too cold.

I really believe that KW has decided to keep BMac, Sweeney and Anderson. I doubt that he'll move these guys. He'd have to overwhelmed to consider it. Just my opinion.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
I really believe that KW has decided to keep BMac, Sweeney and Anderson.  I doubt that he'll move these guys.  He'd have to overwhelmed to consider it.  Just my opinion.

After those 3, I think we need to keep Gio Gonzalez also, who was absolutely dominating down at Kanny before his side strain. He'll be with the Warthogs soon after he comes back. Then of course you've got Fields and Sean Tracey, and Chris Young's value is rising every day.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
I agree on B-Mac and Anderson.  I think he would move Sweeney though.

So would you prefer to keep Sweeney or Anderson? Anderson is more progressed and definitely the better and most ready player, but Sweeney has more potential and could easily hit over .300 in the majors.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
My God, I just forced myself to watch Cantu's walkoff homer versus Shingo.  It was a friggin' 81 MPH straight meatball right down the middle of the plate.  Disgusting, Shingo, just disgusting. :puke  Shingo knew it was a homer a second after he threw the pitch.

:crying He looked up so quick . Yeah, he knew it was gone.

After those 3, I think we need to keep Gio Gonzalez also, who was absolutely dominating down at Kanny before his side strain. He'll be with the Warthogs soon after he comes back. Then of course you've got Fields and Sean Tracey, and Chris Young's value is rising every day.

Wow, now Gio Gonzalez is untouchable? Who do you think we are going to get at the deadline if you wouldn't even be willing to trade him? You value prospects far too much.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
I really believe that KW has decided to keep BMac, Sweeney and Anderson.  I doubt that he'll move these guys.  He'd have to overwhelmed to consider it.  Just my opinion.

We do have options beyond that thankfully, We do have a pretty good farm.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
So would you prefer to keep Sweeney or Anderson? Anderson is more progressed and definitely the better and most ready player, but Sweeney has more potential and could easily hit over .300 in the majors.

I'd have to see them play before making that call. I don't think he'll trade either one of them, though.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
Wow, now Gio Gonzalez is untouchable?  Who do you think we are going to get at the deadline if you wouldn't even be willing to trade him?  You value prospects far too much.

I think he's thinking Borchard for mesa :P

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Wow, now Gio Gonzalez is untouchable?  Who do you think we are going to get at the deadline if you wouldn't even be willing to trade him?  You value prospects far too much.

Am I? Gonzalez's performances this season are almost a carbon copy of B-Mac's from last season, and we know no-one wants to give up B-Mac right now.

2-1, 1.23 ERA, 6 BB's, 38 K's

John Sickels rated him as our 2nd best prospect a B+, with Brandon McCarthy the best with an A.

It doesn't really matter what I would prefer but I do think he would trade Sweeney over Anderson. Anderson is closer to being MLB-ready and will probably be ready to take over in RF when Dye's contract is up after next season.

Am I? Gonzalez's performances this season are almost a carbon copy of B-Mac's from last season, and we know no-one wants to give up B-Mac right now.

2-1, 1.23 ERA, 6 BB's, 38 K's

John Sickels rated him as our 2nd best prospect a B+, with Brandon McCarthy the best with an A.

Yes, you are. Do you think any team is going to take Joe Borchard at the deadline? You have to give up talent to get talent. This isn't MVP Baseball. You can't trade scrubs for good, established players.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I think he's thinking Borchard for mesa  :P

As if Dave Littlefield is going to be stupid enough to do that (but it is Dave Littlefield we're talkin about).

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
Yes, you are.  Do you think any team is going to take Joe Borchard at the deadline?  You have to give up talent to get talent.  This isn't MVP Baseball.  You can't trade scrubs for good, established players.

Who said I was offering scrubs? You want to give up our best prospects for a 3 month rental. I know we all want to win a World Series, but we have to look at the long - term picture as well.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
I hear the pirates like Borchard  :P

They really do want young power hitting corner outfielder. They took take a flyer on Borchard, but there's no way we'll be getting someone like Mesa back.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Security = not making the playoffs, or at least not trying to make them.

We're 33 games into a 162 game season. It's too early determine what we need to make the playoffs still. If Shingo returns to his 2003 form, or Hermanson or Marte can do the job at closer, the problem is solved.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
Who said I was offering scrubs? You want to give up our best prospects for a 3 month rental. I know we all want to win a World Series, but we have to look at the long - term picture as well.

DBAHO , you need to take a trip here to chicago. You will understand why we are so hungry to win now. No more debates with scubby fans at school, work, family events. You really need to be here

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I'd have to see them play before making that call.  I don't think he'll trade either one of them, though.

What they did at 2004 Spring Training probably determined that in his mind. Ozzie's too.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
Jabroni , I think vegas is the right place for us. We want the jack pot.  DBAHO Likes security which is understandable.

Hey I'm pretty good at Poker. Ask Wite and Dan. :lol:

Sorry, but Billy Wagner for a 3-month rental and a chance to make it to the playoffs and possibly even the WS is far greater than Gio Gonzalez. If you can't see that, you're nuts. The year 1917 says it all.