9th inning Ozzie

doUrememberwhen

I motion to send Ozzie home after the 8th inning EVERY game. His continuously stupid choices(or lack of any choice)in tight spots are really wearing thin. Maybe he can go on the DL for brain-freeze. :crying :crying

In the words of comic book store guy--Worste 9th inning coach ever!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is that I thought he lost this game in the 7th inning by leaving Vizcaino in when it was obvious he didn't have anything. Ozzie failed at his job tonight by not putting us in the best position to win (that's all you can ask for in a manager).

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Funny thing is that I thought he lost this game in the 7th inning by leaving Vizcaino in when it was obvious he didn't have anything.  Ozzie failed at his job tonight by not putting us in the best position to win (that's all you can ask for in a manager).

Yeah, and when he walked to first two batters in the fourth inning?

Look at the standings and our record in one run games.

Then look in the mirror because you'll see someone who is totally wrong on this.

Shut up!! we won a lot of those games despite Ozzies s***ty moves watch the games again see how many were made to be 1 run games BY OZZIE

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
Look at the standings and our record in one run games.

Then look in the mirror because you'll see someone who is totally wrong on this.

Bill James thinks that a team's record in one-run games is directly related to the strength of said team's manager. In which case we couldn't complain too much about Ozzie thus far.

That being said, I hate the decision to bring Shingo in a tied game when one run makes us lose. He's allowed more home runs than some of our starters.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
McCarthy isn't exactly dominating AAA right now.

Yeah, he was only named IL Pitcher of the month, leading the league in Ks.

Oh wait, he had one bad outing tonight. He's a bust! :headshake

I'll take BMac over the worthless arm we got from Milwaukee any day.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Funny thing is that I thought he lost this game in the 7th inning by leaving Vizcaino in when it was obvious he didn't have anything.  Ozzie failed at his job tonight by not putting us in the best position to win (that's all you can ask for in a manager).

Honestly, has Vizcaino ever had anything? -- He throws nothing but 81-83MPH sliders up there. He falls behind it the count, and if you're at all patient, he's bound to hang one.

Yes, but you'd have to be crazy to think KW would actually make that move. With the amount of money pitchers are making, you're not doing your organization any favor by starting the arbitration clock on a future starting pitcher just so that you can fill a hole in your bullpen. A wiser move would be to acquire a reliever, and let McCarthy get more seasoning in the minors.

QUOTE(ISF @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
Yeah, he was only named IL Pitcher of the month, leading the league in Ks.

Oh wait, he had one bad outing tonight. He's a bust!  :headshake

I'll take BMac over the worthless arm we got from Milwaukee any day.

He's giving up about a 1.5 HR per game in AAA. That's not going to get it done.

Alright, let's just make it official: I am releasing Scott Podsednik as my whipping boy. He will now be given full respect and called by his actual name.

Luisa Vizcaino, you my b**** now! :whip

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
Shut up!! we won a lot of those games despite Ozzies s***ty moves watch the games again see how many were made to be 1 run games BY OZZIE

Winning despite Ozzie? Thank god we don't lose often, cause when we do, silly comments like this seem to come out in bunches.

If I was managing this team we'd be 33-0.

Because everytime Shingo gave up a homerun in the 9th this year I wouldn't have put him in the game. And, every time one of our runners gets thrown out on the bases I wouldn't have had them steal.

:bang :banghead :chair :stick

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
If I was managing this team we'd be 33-0.

Because everytime Shingo gave up a homerun in the 9th this year I wouldn't have put him in the game.  And, every time one of our runners gets thrown out on the bases I wouldn't have had them steal.

:bang  :banghead  :chair  :stick

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I noticed that Podsednik has been thrown out twice stealing this year in 19 tries. Why the hell did Ozzie send him those two times?

Hermanson has given up no runs this year. Why don't we just pitch him the 7-9 innings every single night?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
He's giving up about a 1.5 HR per game in AAA.  That's not going to get it done.

And yet despite the fact our starting pitching has been great so far (have a look at every other single team in the majors), some people still want B-Mac up.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 10, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
And yet despite the fact our starting pitching has been great so far (have a look at every other single team in the majors), some people still want B-Mac up.

I wanted him in AAA so he could learn how to avoid the longball in a bandbox. After all, USCF is not pitcher's dream. I don't really care about the strikeouts. I just want to see him simultaneously keep the walk rate and HR rate low. That will get it done at the majors.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
I wanted him in AAA so he could learn how to avoid the longball in a bandbox. After all, USCF is not pitcher's dream.  I don't really care about the strikeouts. I just want to see him simultaneously keep the walk rate and HR rate low. That will get it done at the majors.

And Charlotte's a perfect place for him to do that, since it's a lot like the Cell HR wise. Keep B-Mac down there, let him progress, so that when he does come up, he isn't giving up HR's at the rate he is now.