Spend the money

C_LEE45

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
Another post wanting Bobby Abreu. It's not going to happen.

To trade Aubrey Huff, Tampa will want a package better than the Scott Kazmir deal. That's Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy.

Carl Crawford? LMAO.

Abreu WILL get traded this year PROBABLY to the Yankees,and thats why i say we jump in and snag him dont act like its imposable to get Abreu,and the last time i looked we had some good prospects :drink

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 11, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
Abreu WILL get traded this year PROBABLY to the Yankees,and thats why i say we jump in  and snag him dont act like its imposable to get Abreu,and the last time  i looked we had some good prospects :drink

The Yankees don't have enough to get Abreu even if they wanted to. The Yankees have nothing the Phillies would even be interested. Their farm system is decimated, and they don't have any young and up coming players, who are cheap enough to fit into a rebuilding process. Plus I am really starting to wonder if the Yankees even have any money left. Remember after the luxury tax the Yankees are out something like $240 million this season.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
We have just lost a series, we still have a great record, up 3,5. But if you want someone to replace Dye, what about Cliff Floyd? Jose Guillen? Jose Guillen was FA in last offseason, and we sign Jermaine Dye... :banghead

Wow rafa's posting again. Good to see you back around the place. :)

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 12, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Abreu WILL get traded this year PROBABLY to the Yankees,and thats why i say we jump in  and snag him dont act like its imposable to get Abreu,and the last time  i looked we had some good prospects :drink

1 - Abreu makes $13,100,000

2 - He's hitting .298/.423/.496

3 - Philly is going to want a king's ransom

4 - Philly could decide to trade Marlon Byrd, Ryan Howard or even Pat Burrell instead.