Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Timo getting picked off likely didn't cost the White Sox any runs. With Konerko striking out, Dye would have had to get a hit to score anymore. Very unlikely.

True, but that chances the whole dynamic of the AB for Konerko. It's sad though when we have so little confidence in our 4-5 hitters.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
By the time we would release him (when Frank gets back), he would only be owed about 600-700K.  As of now, I'm just rooting for a season-ending injury for Timo.

The Pirates just released Benito Santiago, and he was making over $2 million. If the f***in Pittsburgh Pirates can cut that much money, we can cut half. Why not bring up Anderson as the 4th OF? He can honestly not do much worse.

QUOTE(mreye @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
You wouldn't think that reading along.

Fine line between optimism and stupidity

I'm happy we have the lead but lets be honest, we should have a larger lead, VERY SIMILAR TO THE LAST TWO GAMES

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Timo getting picked off likely didn't cost the White Sox any runs. With Konerko striking out, Dye would have had to get a hit to score anymore. Very unlikely.

VERy good point, but he coulda walked.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
That's just sad really.

Obviously, some people can't take sarcasm. Anyways, remember what I said about Tampa scoring this inning after we squandered the chance? Our momentum from a great start is officially gone.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
f*** this.

Who the hell are you? You've been here for a week, posted roughly 40 times a day, and have been ridiculously pessimistic. You need to either get a life, learn to look at the positive things, or just not post as much. You are bring me down man, we are 24-9

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
The Pirates just released Benito Santiago, and he was making over $2 million.  If the f***in Pittsburgh Pirates can cut that much money, we can cut half.  Why not bring up Anderson as the 4th OF?  He can honestly not do much worse.

The Royals are paying most of his salary.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Obviously, some people can't take sarcasm.  Anyways, remember what I said about Tampa scoring this inning after we squandered the chance?  Our momentum from a great start is officially gone.

After reading some your other posts... it sure wasn't clear to me.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Wouldn't you know.

Pitching fails to shut down the opposition, AGAIN, following an inning in which the offense scores.

Not a surprise. 1 run certainly won't be enough. Especially against this team.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
After reading some your other posts... it sure wasn't clear to me.

Fair enough, my pessimism deserves to not be given the benefit of the doubt. I apologize then.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
I don't see winning this game.  We are rolling over for the Rays. :puke

And that's not good coming home against a very good team like Baltimore. It seems like if we're swept, all the mo' will be sucked out of us.