Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

QUOTE(sircaffey @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
Yeah, I would have liked to see Pods in the game too, but he is 1 for his last 11 maybe Oz wanted to give him a break.  I don't know...All I know is Oz is in love with Timo and seems to think he's a leadoff hitter, power hitter, and centerfielder all rapped into one.

I do like how he is trying to mix things up with the middle of the order.  Carl has been pretty damn bad for a while now.  He hasn't square anything up for a while.  I was growing tired of his weakly grounding to second or failing with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.  I hope Rowand has a tremendous day today, so Oz thinks about sticking with Rowand in the 3 hole.  Rowand's my pick to click...get 'r done...

If you take out Pods put Pablo as the leadoff guy. Put Timo in somewhere else in the lineup. Timo Perez is not what I think of as a leadoff hitter. He doesnt take too many pitches and lisnt fast at all.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Ozzie putting Shingo in today in a tight situation.

:o :banghead

It has to Hermanson. No question. He should be well rested.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
:o  :banghead

It has to Hermanson.  No question.  He should be well rested.

But remember this is Ozzie. He likes to get them right back on the horse after they fail. Its a good thing is one way, it drives me crazy though. Shingo has been terrible so far.

Dye as a DH? Carl has been in a slump, but he's still better than that sack of hot garbage.

Timo leading off? Pods would be going against a lefty. Timo is slow and will swing for the fences.

Konerko still batting clean-up? Well, I have no answer for this one. There's nobody else to really take his spot.

I think Iguchi or Ozuna should be leading off. Timo?! I hate our RF situation. I can't wait for Anderson.

I like the mix up. But man Perez doesn't leadoff! He is slow as hell. When was the last time he stole a base?

Anyways after 33 games I have an idea of what the offense should look like:

1. Pods LF (solid)

2. Iguchi 2B (solid)

3. Rowand CF (struggling, but is swinging the bat well, plus i like speed @ the top of the order)

4. Everett DH (strugglin a bit, but still a solid RBI producer)

5. Konerko 1B (he's bound to wake up, isnt he?)

6. Uribe SS (he's heating up fast)

7. Pierzynski C (solid offensive catcher)

8. Dye RF (can we please bring up Anderson or Sweeney?)

9. Crede 3B (better than last year, awesome 9th place hitter)

Ozzie you f***er, why take our Spods, who should steal bases on a terrible catcher and a slow delivery pitcher???????????????????????????

There is a reason why we have jumped on top of TB in the first 2 innings, and that is SPODS

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
I don't like Pods not being in the line up either... should be benching Konerko and Dye for this one...

Exf***inactly. I really don't understand why Dye is in this game. Konerko has no replacement right now, but Dye does not need to be starting. He sucks so much right now.Great, he's out of the field. Now he can only hurt us with his bat.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 11, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
Ozzie you f***er, why take our Spods, who should steal bases on a terrible catcher and a slow delivery pitcher???????????????????????????

There is a reason why we have jumped on top of TB in the first 2 innings, and that is SPODS

It's so Ozzie can let his boyfriend Timo leadoff the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
It's so Ozzie can let his boyfriend Timo leadoff the game.

I am sure he will work the count well.

Welcome to tropicana field, Timo Perez to lead it off, Brazelton with the pitch, a pop fly in foul territory and the first baseman strolls over and makes the play. And thats how our game starts off Ed.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Uribe, with Iguchi a close second.

If you would like to jump in the contest, just make a pick under the appropriate game each day before the first pitch of the game. Contest is open to all, no sign ups are necesary, just post your pick, at the link underneath :)

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
If you would like to jump in the contest, just make a pick under the appropriate game each day before the first pitch of the game.  Contest is open to all, no sign ups are necesary, just post your pick, at the link underneath :)

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16

Ah, thanks. I hadn't noticed that.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
Ah, thanks.  I hadn't noticed that.

Not a problem, that's what I am here for. :P

Speaking of the PTC, after adding up the latest results we have a new leader... and he is from this continent.

http://whitesox.blogspot.com/

Edited by southsider2k5