Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly, arm strength and ability to get rid of the ball fast.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Honest question:

Why can't a 1B play the 3B position? After all they do play that position against the left handed hitter ....

My logic is if we could send Paulie to 3B, then we can have Frank play 1B and Carl as DH and send Crede's ass to the bench only to play late in games as defensive replacement for Frank (Crede goes to 3B and Paulie moves back to 1B)

Just a thought....

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
My, my...where to begin?

I better stay away from this one, I advise you all do the same.  It can't be good for your collective blood pressure. :D

I just pretended the whole post was in green...

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
We get the point.  Timo sucks.

Is that for me or Ozzie? Until Timo stops making stupid mistakes in seemingly every game he plays in, there will be a lot of people on here b****ing about him.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 11, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
How's Sidney doing..?

6 hits in 4 innings, but predictably some of the hits were bunched and Ponson made a bonehead throw in the middle of the mess - result was a 3 run 3rd. Worse part of the story is the way Santana has fine tuned his magical changing of speeds. :sleep

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
wow, so the key to Dye is pitch him inside, he cant hit those.

pitch him inside, outside, over the plate, put it on a tee. Whatever. It's basically the same result.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
pitch him inside, outside, over the plate, put it on a tee.  Whatever.  It's basically the same result.

Now talk about a funny match up.

Felix Diaz vs. Paul Konerko with men on or Dye vs Jason Grilli with the game on the line

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
6 hits in 4 innings, but predictably some of the hits were bunched and Ponson made a bonehead throw in the middle of the mess - result was a 3 run 3rd.  Worse part of the story is the way Santana has fine tuned his magical changing of speeds.    :sleep

Bla... thanks for the update. And you're right.. :sleep