Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
A.J. rarely has a chance with those guys on the mound.  My biggest concern with A.J. is simply catching the ball.  He seems to have a hard time catching the ball sometimes, and it's hurt us in a few games. However, this is clearly our best catching tandem in a long, long, long time.

I can answer this one for you...

Staff ERA 3.10 (approx.)...first in the AL

Reason- Lots of late movement, best way to get out major league hitters...Also difficult to catch...

Any questions?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
I would take exception to that.  AJ has been awesome at stopping balls in the dirt, and making plays at second when he has a chance.  He also has been incredible at keeping his pitchers focused and making good pitches.

Ack -- I should have clarified -- I meant his arm, but I should have put that down. My bad.

You take the good with the bad, and the good (IMO) outweighs the bad by a ton with AJ... The only bad I see in him is his arm.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
The question I have is that Dye was a late replacement for Everett in the DH spot.  Why not let Widger DH today?  He's been one of our best hitters lately.    I know Ozzie has gone with some stupid lineups in the 3rd game of the series this year, but that was when we had won the first two games of the series.  Getting swept by Tampa wouldn't exactly be good for this team's psyche.

Who would be the back up catcher if AJ went down? You don't want to lose the DH with this lineup. Of course maybe Duke hitting would be better.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 11, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
someone tell Pablo to get a bat shorter than 6 feet long.

The way your describing Pablo Ozuna's equipment (for lack of a better word) makes me think hes using a toddlers fisher price bat and glove set...

As much as we give both Timo and Pablo a hard time, these two guys really do a nice job of screwing with the pitcher once on the basepaths.

Timo did it constantly last season and I've seen Pablo do it more than once already this season. I like that.