Favorite Video Game from Way back

MinnesotaSoxFan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cy Garland @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Mega Man X for super nintendo

Mega_Man_X_3_U2009.png

I have honestly thought of goin to a used game place or even EBAY to try to get a SNES and that game again.

they're called emulators

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 11, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
:puke  :puke u serious

What's wrong with playing the Pokémon games? I battle competitively in Ru/Sa/Em regularly, and the non-single player aspect of the game (i.e. battling competitively in multiplayer) contains lots of depth and requires a lot of skill and knowledge. The games being 'for kids only' is such a false image IMO. :)

i can't believe i saw it mentioned but back when i was in college i rented a game at the video store called "Ogre Battle" for the SNES. I think i lost about 4 months playing that game. It disappeared from the store and i never played it again. I tried finding it but i was told by people at Nintendo that it was a title released in Japan and only a few copies made it over here. :crying

Then going back even further....i remember a couple of games for the Commadore 64 that my brother and i lost alot of time playing. They were both text games but weree engaging none-the-less. One was Planet Miners and the orginal Zork game.

Man...those were the days.

juddling

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

Please tell me that you meant Final Fantasy VI and not Final Fantasy VII...

VI is an infinitely better game...

For the original Nintendo.

Badnews Baseball, Snow Brothers, Double Dribble, and Tecmo Football.

Even though there were't real players in Badnews baseball it was still a fun game to play. Snow Bros. was basically a game to save the princess, very hard and I never did beat it. I would like to get that game again and try someday. Double Dribble was already mentioned and it was a fun game. Half time was funny with the mascots. And Tecmo Football was the ultimate with the L.A. Raiders. Bo Jackson was unstopable for the most part. Marcus Allen was a good back too and could catch the ball. Tim Brown as good, and I used to have Howie Long get about 40 tackles, 10 sacks, and 3 interceptions a game.

For the Sega Genesis.

Madden 93, NBA Showdown 94, Sonic 2, and RBI Baseball 93.

I loved the early Madden's because if you injured the quarterback the ambulence would come out and run over players in the way to get the quarterback. It had cool commentating like "Where'd that truck come from" and the music was really good also. NBA Showdown 94 I liked just becuase my NBA Action 95 broke for some reason. It probably wasn't one of the greater games, but you could do different defenses and different plays, which was kinda cool. The go and give worked best for me. Instead of the give and go. And Sonic 2, even though Tails annoyed me by following me a lot, I still liked this game. Never beat it though. RBI baseball 93 was the game that I may have played the most out of any game before. This game was just fantastic I thought. Throwing the ol' spit ball was a classic.

Edited by WilliamTell