5/11 Games

danman31

Ottawa @ Charlotte 6:15 Adkins to the hill

Bham lost 8-5 in 11. A Gon and Sweeney 2 hits each. Tracey with an ugly outing, but he did manage a hit (Bham, you are going to have to inform on why he and Heath Phillips batted). Pollok and Meaux with good relief, LaMura got the L. Box Score

Winston-Salem @ Salem 6:05 Flores starting

Kanny with a DH today. They won game 1 2-0. Hansen 2-2 with both RBI. Egbert a CG shutout (7 innings) 6 K, 0 BB, 4 hits. :headbang Box Score

They took game 2 3-1. Cook and Kelly with HRs. Hansen 4 shutout inning, but wild (6 walks). Perez and Zaleski seal the deal. Box Score

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Ottawa @ Charlotte 6:15 Adkins to the hill

Bham lost 8-5 in 11. A Gon and Sweeney 2 hits each. Tracey with an ugly outing, but he did manage a hit (Bham, you are going to have to inform on why he and Heath Phillips batted). Pollok and Meaux with good relief, LaMura got the L. Box Score

We lost Chris Stewart who was our catcher on a cheap shot by Braves First base Scott Thorman he came down the line went out of his way to nail Stewart in the throat he ran his way into an out but that hit was way out of line, Needless to say Stewart had to leave Aceves our DH had to come in so we lose the DH spot in the line up. It was funny to watch our trainer and Hitting coach running through the crowd trying to find Heath.

Mississippi 8 Barons 5 (11)

W- Vasquez L-LaMura

Gonzo & Sweeny had 2 hit games, Chris Young hit streak is now 15 games with a bunt single in the 1st. I noticed that hopefully Pollok found his Slider he threw some great ones today and with his fastball change was a dominate pitcher today. Pollok threw 2 filthy sliders to Jeff Francour for swings and misses. Bailed Tracey today with a Strike Out of Onil Joseph with 2nd and 3rd 2 outs with his nasty slider. His Slider was the best that it has been all season. Meuaz continued to be flithy this season striking out Scott Thorman with a great curve ball. Sean Tracey picked up his first AA hit in first at-bat. Two other pitchers batted Pollok was ahead 3-0 in the count and laid down a perfect Sac Bunt and Phillps K'd on a 2-2 pitch. B.J. Lamura Continues to fight his worst nightmare himself. He continues not to trust his stuff walked 3 more hitters today. In my mind the only thing keeping B.J. from being a star prospect is himself. Villicas on the hill tomorrow and needs to pitch well. Dennis Ulcia will join the team tomorrow and Tetsu Yofu was cut.

Charlotte 6, Ottawa 3

Felix Diaz got the start Tuesday, pitched well, but Dave Sanders picked up the win.

Funny moment: Ottawa 1B Walter Young hit a shot back to Diaz (I think, memory is hazy). Diaz threw wildly to first (plenty of those throws tonight), so Young went to second. Ball ricocheted into right, allowing Young to go to third. Relay from RF by the second baseman to third went into the left field bullpen, allowing Young to score.

Walter Young - not the former Illinois WR - is a 300-pound man. It was funny seeing him lumber around the bags.

Adkins on the mound Thursday in series finale.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 12, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
Welcome aboard 26thStreet. Looks like we've got someone in Charlotte as well now giving us a good recap of the games.  :)

Thanks DBA.

I try to get to as many games as I can, with 1 or 2 Kannapolis games. I work nights, so it's hard for me to get out to the Castle more. And Sunday afternoon games are a definite NO...no liquor sales in Fort Mill on Sundays. Stupid blue laws.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(26thStreet @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
Thanks DBA.

I try to get to as many games as I can, with 1 or 2 Kannapolis games. I work nights, so it's hard for me to get out to the Castle more. And Sunday afternoon games are a definite NO...no liquor sales in Fort Mill on Sundays. Stupid blue laws.

:gosox1:

Well any time you can post a recap of any game, we really appreciate it. It's really good to know what's happening with our prospects more in depth.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
Well any time you can post a recap of our game, we really appreciate it. It's really good to know what's happening with our prospects more in depth.

Hell Yeah it is nice. It gives us such a much better idea of what goes on off of the statsheet.

We really appreciate all that you minor league guys do in relaying info the way you do

:cheers

QUOTE(26thStreet @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Charlotte 6, Ottawa 3

Felix Diaz got the start Tuesday, pitched well, but Dave Sanders picked up the win.

Funny moment: Ottawa 1B Walter Young hit a shot back to Diaz (I think, memory is hazy). Diaz threw wildly to first (plenty of those throws tonight), so Young went  to second. Ball ricocheted into right, allowing Young to go to third. Relay from RF by the second baseman to third went into the left field bullpen, allowing Young to score.

Walter Young - not the former Illinois WR - is a 300-pound man. It was funny seeing him lumber around the bags.

Adkins on the mound Thursday in series finale.

Welcome aboard. Really appreciate your info :)