When is a group just a group?

EvilMonkey

Has everyone heard of Judicial Watch? They are a 'watchdog' group that seem to attack most political people at one time or another over something. It just depends who they are going after as to how they are named.

When going after Republican VP Dick Chaney, they are "the watchdog group Judicial Watch "

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...nergy_cheney_dc

or as " the public interest law firm that investigates and prosecutes public corruption".

http://www.cephasministry.com/nwo_juicial_watch_sues_vp.html

But when going after Clinton, they are referred to as "longtime Clinton foes like the conservative watchdog group, Judicial Watch, ..."

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2005/cyb20050511.asp#1

I'm not saying that Judicial Watch is or isn't a conservative group. But if it is, why does that need to be mentioned only half the time?

They are a pretty conservative group by reputation. I personally think they are pretty badass and go after pretty much everybody.

If they mention it is a conservative group going after Bush, then doesn't it look like a schism within the GOP? And as we both know most media analysts today are just too lazy to discuss the intricacies of such events so they're rather just play off the supposed label polar opposites (i.e. "Democrat Clinton" being gone after by "conservative Judicial Watch")

judicialwatch.bmp

Sorry that pic is not bigger.

I'm pretty sure the website gives it's own description for yahoo so I'd say NBC was perfectly correct to say what they did (edit:maybe not). I also just looked it up on google but it says nothing about being conservative. :huh: So now I'm thinking Yahoo just made that up.

Also courtesy wikipedia.org, I know, not the best source

Judicial Watch is a United States-based organization that claims to be an unbiased watch dog. However, it has often been accused of having a right-wing/conservative agenda. The group claims it monitors the Judicial branch of the United States government for corruption, and what it views as un-constitutional behavior. However, the group has been accused various times of using courts and judges as a weapon with which to attack left-wing politicians and government officials. It has also been accused of attacking the Judiciary whenever the courts attempt to enforce a Judiciary point of view which could be construed as supporting left-wing politics. Although at one point Judicial Watch was a watch dog group that was held in high public regard, it is now generally viewed by the public as a Conservative front organization attempting to pursue an openly right-wing agenda and supporting the United States Republican party, going so far as to speak out on issues that go beyond its traditional Judiciary boundaries.

The Judicial Watch web page contains detailed information on current litigation matters. The vast majority of this litigation relates to legal challenges against Bill Clinton-era government officials and Democratic Party challengers to the George W. Bush Administration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch

Cephas Ministry has this as an opening statement

Biblically based Christian Research became our job and a necessity when a number of major denominations, radio and television "evangelicals" took a decided turn to the left and brought the world into the church rather then the church into the world.

Don't know why you used this site as an example, they are obviously an extremely religious news source. :huh:

In the end all this bias stuff is just frustrating and gets us nowhere.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
judicialwatch.bmp

Sorry that pic is not bigger.

I'm pretty sure the website gives it's own description for yahoo so I'd say NBC was perfectly correct to say what they did (edit:maybe not).  I also just looked it up on google but it says nothing about being conservative. :huh: So now I'm thinking Yahoo just made that up.

Also courtesy wikipedia.org, I know, not the best source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Watch

Cephas Ministry has this as an opening statement

Don't know why you used this site as an example, they are obviously an extremely religious news source. :huh:

In the end all this bias stuff is just frustrating and gets us nowhere.

See also, Irony.