Sox vs O's 05/12/05 Game thread - Jon G vs Chen

sox-r-us

Guest JimH
What are you talking about?  Getting picked off twice in 5 innings is not smart baseball, no matter what Hawk or DJ says.

It's not smart to get picked off by this guy because he knows what he's doing in terms of holding runners on.

I can appreciate the aggresiveness because that's Podsednik's job but he does not have this guy figured out.

Frankly, I tip my cap to the pitcher.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
It's not smart to get picked off by this guy because he knows what he's doing in terms of holding runners on.

I can appreciate the aggresiveness because that's Podsednik's job but he does not have this guy figured out.

Yep, getting picked off once is no problem at all. However, to get picked off again the next time you get on is just not smart baseball. I GUARANTEE that even Pods would say he should never get picked off twice.

Guest JimH

Maybe a game thread with you two guys in it, and no argument between the two of you?

Geezus, you guys are worse than me and quickman ... and we are friends, we are just goofing most of the time.

I wish you guys would turn it down a notch, thank you.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Will we have a thread with you saying something negative about everything even though the Sox are 25-9?

I didn't think saying that was dumb baseball was that negative. I didn't even swear :)

Guest JimH

That was not a good inning of at bats for the White Sox.

Big guns coming up for Baltimore, key inning here.

Why is Pauly such a tease? He puts us in a superior mood the first two weeks of the season, then he virtually disappears from the lineup for almost a month. Then he seems to break out of his funk in Toronto and we all breathe a collective sigh of relief, "better late than never!", we say.

Then he sinks again. C'mon Pauly, snap out of it! Give up the goods!!

QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ May 12, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Why is Pauly such a tease? He puts us in a superior mood the first two weeks of the season, then he virtually disappears from the lineup for almost a month. Then he seems to break out of his funk in Toronto and we all breathe a collective sigh of relief, "better late than never!", we say.

Then he sinks again. C'mon Pauly, snap out of it! Give up the goods!!

lol PK is such a sell out, always thinking of himself.