What is the earliest they will call the game?

valponick

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
The wont double here.. they will double in Baltimore in late July.

Wouldn't they want to double here cause the Sox would be losing out on revenue if they waited. Unless of course the Sox somehow get the ticket sales from then. I just figure they'll do all they can to get all 4 games played here. MLB rarely has a team play an extra road game unless it has to (for example if the weather is bad this entire weekend and one or two games get cancelled, then they'll try and make something for it). Heck, a lot of the time they'll even schedule a game on an off day (something I hate cause it puts teams all out of whack).

Hopefully all the games get in and its nothing to worry about cause double dips can be a bummer especially if you end up getting a couple in a row (murders your pitching staff).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
Thanks 2K5, that was more of the point I was making. Also, the more people that are at the park, the less the attendance talk is an issue. Would rather hear about the team, than the attendance.

Preach on brother! :usa

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Wouldn't they want to double here cause the Sox would be losing out on revenue if they waited.  Unless of course the Sox somehow get the ticket sales from then.  I just figure they'll do all they can to get all 4 games played here.  MLB rarely has a team play an extra road game unless it has to (for example if the weather is bad this entire weekend and one or two games get cancelled, then they'll try and make something for it).  Heck, a lot of the time they'll even schedule a game on an off day (something I hate cause it puts teams all out of whack).

Hopefully all the games get in and its nothing to worry about cause double dips can be a bummer especially if you end up getting a couple in a row (murders your pitching staff).

Anything is possible.. but it's supposed to rain here tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday. They wont double on Sunday because it's get away day. All depends on the weather I suppose.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
Anything is possible.. but it's supposed to rain here tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday. They wont double on Sunday because it's get away day. All depends on the weather I suppose.

I didn't know it was supposed to rain all weekend. If thats the case your probably right. Although If the weather is nice on Sunday they could try to squeeze in two.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
I didn't know it was supposed to rain all weekend.  If thats the case your probably right.  Although If the weather is nice on Sunday they could try to squeeze in two.

Not a chance of a double on Sunday. Baltimore will never agree to a double on get away day.. nor should they.

Guest JimH
Not a chance of a double on Sunday. Baltimore will never agree to a double on get away day.. nor should they.

Monday is an off day for Baltimore, they play in KC on Tuesday nite.

Personally I don't think any of this will come into play, the weather forecasts I'm seeing makes it seem like scattered bad weather vs. a consistent mess.

But seeing as the Orioles are off Monday, squeezing in two is possible.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
THe most unfortunate thing is we don't get to knock around Ponson this weekend.   :P

(Sorry Steff.)

Yea.. him and his 5-1 would be such a breeze.. ;)

Guest JimH
Bla, bla, bla, bla.... :rolly

:huh

Again, i don't think the weather will preclude getting these games in, but if it came down to it ... Orioles would likely choose to play two vs. making a seperate trip to Chicago. I doubt the Sox would give up the home game and play it in Baltimore.

I am sitting in an office building downtown chitown right now. As of now it is very lightly raining....i dont think they are gonna call the game, if they started it right now they would play

acctually after looking out the window, the sun is peaking through the clouds....

Edited by DABearSoX

just looked at the radar on weather.com... it looks like it will stop pretty much all rain for awhile, which will allow the field to drain for a few hours. Then there's a band in mid to eastern Iowa, but that's all basically light green, meaning light showers. I think they'll play tonight.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 12, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
:huh

Again, i don't think the weather will preclude getting these games in, but if it came down to it ... Orioles would likely choose to play two vs. making a seperate trip to Chicago.  I doubt the Sox would give up the home game and play it in Baltimore.

OK

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
Yea Ponson is so deadly with that 4.93 ERA, getting lit up by  Tampa twice.... but yea he's good :rolly

The Sox just lost to Tampa twice.. :stupid