What is the earliest they will call the game?

valponick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
Bla, bla, bla, bla.... :rolly

Seattle and Boston did a doubleheader last Sunday, on a getaway day for the Mariners who had a game in New York the next night.

QUOTE(Spiff @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Seattle and Boston did a doubleheader last Sunday, on a getaway day for the Mariners who had a game in New York the next night.

Boston and NY are how far apart..?

Not that it matters.. there will be no need for a double.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I need some advice here. Do you guys think tomorrow night's game will be played. If I decide to go I will be fired from my job (it's a s***ty job anyways) but I don't want to be fired to go sit in the rain all night.

Why don't you wait to make a decision until tomorrow..??

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Boston and NY are how far apart..?

Not that it matters.. there will be no need for a double.

Boston and New York City are 216 miles apart. Chicago and Kansas City are 297 miles apart. So you're right, the O's would have to endure another hour on the grueling charter plane. But they could make up all that extra work with the off day on Monday.

The point is, princess, that it's entirely doable for them to play a doubleheader on Sunday. I'm not saying that it should/will/is being etched in stone as we speak; but the precedent has been set.

QUOTE(Spiff @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Boston and New York City are 216 miles apart.  Chicago and Kansas City are 297 miles apart.  So you're right, the O's would have to endure another hour on the grueling charter plane.  But they could make up all that extra work with the off day on Monday.

The point is, princess, that it's entirely doable for them to play a doubleheader on Sunday.  I'm not saying that it should/will/is being etched in stone as we speak; but the precedent has been set.

First, please don't call me princess.. I'm anything but and I don't appreciate the condescending tone, which is how I am interpreting it.

Second.. when Sidney called this morning to ask me how many tickets I needed for the weekend I asked him if they thought they would play tonight and he said he didn't know but that he knew that the O's had already decided they would not play a double on Sunday...

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
My bosses are b****es. But I am waiting until tomorrow. When I called she told me she wanted to know now but I told her I wasn't sure and hung up.

Might want to polish up the resume.. ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 12, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
FWIW weather.com has taken off "thunderstorms" for tonight and replaced it with "few showers".... God damn it's slow at work today

Not here - I've been fishing on the microfiche machine for about half the day (getting motion sickness :puke) and answering phones and emails the other half. I should be getting a workout in before heading home for the game, but right now I feel like -> :sleep

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
First, please don't call me princess.. I'm anything but and I don't appreciate the condescending tone, which is how I am interpreting it.

Second.. when Sidney called this morning to ask me how many tickets I needed for the weekend I asked him if they thought they would play tonight and he said he didn't know but that he knew that the O's had already decided they would not play a double on Sunday...

okokok

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Might want to polish up the resume..  ;)

Meh, I'm just working there to make some money. If the job was something important I would polish it up a little. If I do decide to go I'll just get different job for the summer. You can't imagine how much I hate working at Culver's. :lol:

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Meh, I'm just working there to make some money. If the job was something important I would polish it up a little. If I do decide to go I'll just get different job for the summer. You can't imagine how much I hate working at Culver's. :lol:

You can't imagine how much I hate eating there.. Oye ve.. that place is one huge clogged artery, IMO. :puke

edited to add: I don't eat there.. I watch my mom eat there. Ugh... I tell her every time.. "you know you are one step closer to the grave with every bite..." in a very loving daughterly way. ;)

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
You don't really want to think about who's making your food either. :bang

I'm sure you're one of the good ones... :huh: , but that's exactly why I have cut out nearly ALL fast food from my diet.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I'm sure you're one of the good ones...  :huh: , but that's exactly why I have cut out nearly ALL fast food from my diet.. :ph34r:

I haven't moved up to the big show that is the grill yet. The grill people just aren't the most clean.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)

lol I work there, too...... :banghead :banghead :banghead

QUOTE(CubsSuck1 @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
lol I work there, too...... :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

Dude you're like my twin. Don't you have an S-10 too?

Well I decided that I'm gonna say f*** you work tomorrow and go to the game, then they will try to fire me and I'll tell them, you can't fire me, I quit! Thank god my friend owns Dairy Queen so I'm getting a new job there. :lol:

Guest JimH

So I wonder if this precludes them from playing a double header on Saturday, if necessary ...

One thing for sure, they will do everything they can to get the games in.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Dude you're like my twin. Don't you have an S-10 too?

Well I decided that I'm gonna say f*** you work tomorrow and go to the game, then they will try to fire me and I'll tell them, you can't fire me, I quit! Thank god my friend owns Dairy Queen so I'm getting a new job there. :lol:

yep s10 :lol:

Since it's understood that it's going to rain all day tomorrow, what's the chance of calling the game early? A friend and I are driving to The Cell tomorrow (she bought the tickets last night, sigh) and I'd love to avoid the parking and tolls if the game is going to be cancelled. Common sense would usually play into factor here, but it is her birthday so I don't mind going out of the way a little bit.

Do they call the game before the first pitch? I'd have to imagine so some times, but we all know how odd meterology can be.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)

Wouldn't that be forfeiting the game then? You are at the feet of your schedule, you can't just say, I don't want to play today. Especially considering they don't have a game the day after Sunday and they are playing in KC Tuesday. That means they have to play. I don't think they could just play the makeup game/s at Baltimore because that would be loss of revenue and 1 more away game than they were supposed to have. If US Cellular is undergoing major weather problems, they would have to play it on a neutral site if anything. Just like FLA last year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Wouldn't that be forfeiting the game then? You are at the feet of your schedule, you can't just say, I don't want to play today. Especially considering they don't have a game the day after Sunday and they are playing in KC Tuesday. That means they have to play. I don't think they could just play the makeup game/s at Baltimore because that would be loss of revenue and 1 more away game than they were supposed to have. If US Cellular is undergoing major weather problems, they would have to play it on a neutral site if anything. Just like FLA last year.

Apparently, the CBA gives the Orioles the right to accept or decline under these circumstances.