What is the earliest they will call the game?

valponick

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
Wouldn't that be forfeiting the game then? You are at the feet of your schedule, you can't just say, I don't want to play today. Especially considering they don't have a game the day after Sunday and they are playing in KC Tuesday. That means they have to play. I don't think they could just play the makeup game/s at Baltimore because that would be loss of revenue and 1 more away game than they were supposed to have. If US Cellular is undergoing major weather problems, they would have to play it on a neutral site if anything. Just like FLA last year.

No they have the right to refuse to play, but if they think the game would be made up in Baltimore, they have another thing coming. For one thing the series at Baltimore is already a 4 gamer, and the White Sox aren't going to agree to give up a home date. If a game got washed out, the Orioles would have to fly into Chicago on a mutual off day at some point during this season. The only reason I can think of that they would rather do that than play a DH on Sunday is that Sosa isn't with them so they don't consider themselves at full strength. Other than that, I think their decision is very foolish. It does look like they will be able to get all the games in anyway.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic