FUCK ROB NEYER

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
and for the record, I don't believe that he's a Royals fan.  hasn't he written three books on the Boston Red Sox?

He's a Royals fan.

Btw, I don't feel like I fit in here. I'm not quite the fashionista that y'all are. :unsure:

Whatever...let Rob Neyer and the other guys at ESPN have their opinions (personally I like Kurkjian the best). All that matters is that the Sox keep winning.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Sox are the most uncovered team in baseball, but nothing stops that like good old fashioned 8-game winning streaks. And making the playoffs.

The more the Sox get ignored, the more blackboard material Ozzie and Kenny have. We know who the true Sox fans are. We know what Comiskey is like. We know the players on our team. And we love them the way they are. So again, I say...whatever to Rob Neyer.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Sox are the most uncovered team in baseball,

Could that be any further from the truth?

I'm not saying it's true...that's what people seem to be saying. Should've put it in green...my bad.

jerk. :D

Edited by TheDybber

I wrote back to Mr Neyer and here is his response. What do you think folks? Would you like me to invite him here and we can talk baseball with him? As long as everyone promises to behave themselves :P

=======================

Rob

Would you like to have a sensible debate about the White Sox on a White Sox board? I promise it will not be childish and immature. Just pure baseball talk....if you would like to, let me know.

I can send you a link to a website where there are some very astute baseball fans with who you could debate.

Thanks

Just a White Sox fan

=========================

Well, sure. But I’m not sure what we’d debate. I don’t like the ballpark, or the uniforms. Those are just matters of pure opinion, and not things about which I’ll change my mind.

And about the baseball . . . I mean, this spring I picked the White Sox to win the Central, and at the moment I think they’ve got a fine chance at reaching the postseason. So what’s to debate?

Well, sure. But I’m not sure what we’d debate. I don’t like the ballpark, or the uniforms. Those are just matters of pure opinion, and not things about which I’ll change my mind.

And about the baseball . . . I mean, this spring I picked the White Sox to win the Central, and at the moment I think they’ve got a fine chance at reaching the postseason. So what’s to debate?

Well, we don't like you. But that's just a matter of pure opinion.

:D

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
I wrote back to Mr Neyer and here is his response. What do you think folks? Would you like me to invite him here and we can talk baseball with him? As long as everyone promises to behave themselves  :P

=======================

Rob

Would you like to have a sensible debate about the White Sox on a White Sox board? I promise it will not be childish and immature. Just pure baseball talk....if you would like to, let me know.

I can send you a link to a website where there are some very astute baseball fans with who you could debate.

Thanks

Just a White Sox fan

A fine chance... 40%..??

LMAO.. and again with the uniforms and the park.. slow day at the office apparently. Again.. what an idiot.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
I wrote back to Mr Neyer and here is his response. What do you think folks? Would you like me to invite him here and we can talk baseball with him? As long as everyone promises to behave themselves  :P

=======================

Rob

Thanks

Just a White Sox fan

I hope he comes here so he can see the f*** ROB NEYER thread. Hey I hope he doesnt get offended because just like he said "I am just giving my opinion, and I dont think I will change my mind about it"

Edited by southsideirish71

He might make it here when he lets me know he wants to....he is busy right now, based on his last email to me

================

Maybe another day. I’m heading to Seattle early tomorrow morning, and in the meantime I’ve got a column to finish. -r

In 1998 the NYY's set a ML record by leading in 48 straight games in Jul-Aug.

I hope & pray the White Sox can break that record at the start. If that happens all eyes & all praise will be on the WSox. There will be no flying under the radar then. You break the record of a team the Boss was quoted as saying "the best Yankee team ever" & the world will take notice.

But you don't have to wait for that day. Other columnists are taking note of the dominance of this team. Don't bother following the local papers because their allegiance to the Cubs tempers their coverage of the White Sox. But the columns written in the cities of the teams we play definitely see the White Sox flying high.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
He might make it here when he lets me know he wants to....he is busy right now, based on his last email to me

================

Maybe another day. I’m heading to Seattle early tomorrow morning, and in the meantime I’ve got a column to finish. -r

Well we better stop bothering him, he needs all the time in the world to get his article together. I am sure its a riveting article comparing the genius of KW to that of lowlife Billy Bean

I wonder how fast he can type on his speak-n-spell.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 12, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)

How can you not like the uniforms? I just don't get it....

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
=======================

Rob

Thanks

Just a White Sox fan

[/color]

I have no problem with inviting Neyer, but we all know any debate with him won't be "sensible."

I've been browsing WSI, and he's already (childishly) replied to several members' emails. If he mimmicks this behavior on Soxtalk , it won't be too pretty for Neyer's self-esteem. :D

The O's, the Rangers, the Cubs, & the Angels stand in the way of the White Sox & that record. If the WSox are able to extend that record to 48 games against those starters even Neyer would have to upgrade them from a 40% chance to make the playoffs to a 40% chance of winning the World Series.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
I hope he comes here so he can see the f*** ROB NEYER thread.  Hey I hope he doesnt get offended because just like he said "I am just giving my opinion, and I dont think I will change my mind about it"

YES i like that, right you are just giving an opinion

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
I have no problem with inviting Neyer, but we all know any debate with him won't be "sensible." 

I've been browsing WSI, and he's already (childishly) replied to several members' emails.  If he mimmicks this behavior on Soxtalk , it won't be too pretty for Neyer's self-esteem. :D

It wont be sensible, but entertaining. I can bet the farm that I would probably say something that would offend him and everything he has ever stood for.