Interesting proposal on rebuilding WTC towers

southsider2k5

"I’d use the original blueprints and design the “new” Trade Center exactly as it had been. But I’d insist that one of the towers be exactly 229 feet, four inches shorter than the other. It’s an uncomplicated gimmick to guarantee remembrance. Because, as long as these new towers would stand, someone unaware would ask, “why is one of them shorter than the other?” Whereupon an old-timer could explain, solemnly, that the difference between the heights of the towers is intentional - it’s exactly 2,752 inches.

One inch for each of the victims.

It’s all the memorial we really need."

:unsure: That gave me chills..

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
"I’d use the original blueprints and design the “new” Trade Center exactly as it had been. But I’d insist that one of the towers be exactly 229 feet, four inches shorter than the other. It’s an uncomplicated gimmick to guarantee remembrance. Because, as long as these new towers would stand, someone unaware would ask, “why is one of them shorter than the other?” Whereupon an old-timer could explain, solemnly, that the difference between the heights of the towers is intentional - it’s exactly 2,752 inches.

One inch for each of the victims.

It’s all the memorial we really need."

:unsure:  That gave me chills..

He worded that a bit confusingly to me.

229 feet x 12 inches/foot = 2,748 inches. So if you add four inches to that, then the bigger tower is 2,752 inches. It's not really the difference between the height of the towers, but the height of the tallest tower.

QUOTE(Spiff @ May 12, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
He worded that a bit confusingly to me.

229 feet x 12 inches/foot = 2,748 inches.  So if you add four inches to that, then the bigger tower is 2,752 inches.  It's not really the difference between the height of the towers, but the height of the tallest tower.

I think he wants it an inch tall for each victim... but was wrong on the feet. Thought was in the right place..