Bears sign kicker Doug Brian

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 13, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
I just posted that because I wanted to see people's reactions.  :lol:

But seriously on Brian, anything further out than 40yards, he's going to struggle to make.

Isn't it better to have essentially a guarantee 3 when you get down inside the 25 than to have a guy that can kick it 55 yards but can't make s***?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 14, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
Isn't it better to have essentially a guarantee 3 when you get down inside the 25 than to have a guy that can kick it 55 yards but can't make s***?

But you want to be scoring TD's, not FG's when you get in the red zone anyways.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 14, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
Brien is no lock to be the K either, it could very easily be Jones or the UFA from MD.

Thomas Jones??? Nope, sorry, Brien is the kicker. Edinger said yesterday that he doesn't even want the competition and that he fully expect to be let go.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 14, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Thomas Jones??? Nope, sorry, Brien is the kicker. Edinger said yesterday that he doesn't even want the competition and that he fully expect to be let go.

Tyler Jones... :banghead

Have you not been following the talks about an open competition between Edinger, Jones, Setta, Novak, and now Brien?

Edited by WHarris1

Big Jets fan here.

The lowdown on Brien is he's really good inside of 40 yards.

But the biggest misconception is he's only had one bad game...that's very far from the truth.

He cost us the Pittsburgh game, the final week of the season he missed an extra point and a filed goal to cost us the game, He missed a 25 yarder in the Charger game almost costing us that game, he missed a 40 yard kick last season to beat the Giants...basically anytime the kick means something the guy misses.

The biggest problem I have with the guy is his distance.

I can't remember how many times we punted from the 34-36 yard line because the guy can't hit a 50 yarder.

Good luck...I hope all your games are blowouts cause he'll miss anything meaningful.